Thursday, November 15, 2007

Still working on IT.

I have GOOD news and BAD news. The good news is...I got my last 3 cowboy boots finished today and all of the blocks sewn together. I had planned on making 25 blocks, add a border and be done with it.


Here it is all sewn together.

Now the bad news is...it's just not big enough for the bed. I will need to add another row and then the borders. So I will need 2 more hats and 3 more boots. Have I mentioned that I HATE making the boots? :o) But I really won't be satisified with it unless I add another row. So hopefully I will get the last 5 blocks and add the borders on this weekend.

Went to school and had Thanksgiving Dinner (lunch) with Hunter today. We had a great time. There was a little girl that sat with us, she writes Hunter "Love Notes" all the time, she kept telling him she was going to marry him. It was so funny! Andrew is in the 9th grade and they were having their Thanksgiving Dinner there today too, but of course, Mommy can't go eat with him. He would have died if I showed up for lunch with him. I guess, when you are 14 Mommy's aren't very cool.
Kristie

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Don't you hate it when you have calculated wrong and have to add more blocks. But you are correct, you will not be happy unless you bite the bullet and add the additional blocks.

It is so pretty!

Michelle said...

Your quilt top is really neat. What a difference it makes to put the hats and boots together. Just awesome!

Just think about something really fun when you are working on the additional blocks...or put on some christmas music to put you in the mood and sew away! You'll be done before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Very cool cowboy quilt :) Those last few won't take long and then you'll be happy with the result. Nice job!

Moneik said...

Great Job on the boots! I'm sure you will really enjoy it when it's done. Good luck with getting them done this weekend. I'm sure your husband and kids will love it when it's finished.

Cindy said...

That top is awesome. I really like it so if no one at your house needs it just let me know and I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Maureen said...

I am just reviewing all the old posts...I needed to catch up and I just want to let you know that this is an awesome quilt! Is it for Hunter's bed? I know my sister would love it but right now I have many other quilts to make...plus she lives in Texas and it doesn't get as cold there as it does here.

Maureen

Jen said...

It looks great. I just can't wait to see it all done. It's going to be so awesome!!