Sunday, November 11, 2007

Month By Month ~ Quilt Top

I got my top sewn together except for the borders and I have to buy them. I have a couple of tops that I need to buy border fabric for I will probably get that next weekend. Anyway, the pattern called for assorted colored strips around the blocks and I started putting them on and didn't really like that so I decided to try solid sashings and I didn't like that either. So in the end, I just put all of my blocks together and now I will just add a simple border.

This pattern is called, "Month By Month" it is a Thimbleberries pattern.

Now, I will try to decide on what to work on next. But right now I need to clean up my sewing table. It is a MESS!!!
Kristie

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Wow, it is so colorful. With so many colors I would think it would be difficult to decide what color border. But I have faith you will select the one that does the trick.

Are you going to hand quilt it? Or do you do any hand quilting?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

It turned out awesome. Such a nice top. I have so much trouble choosing borders. Now...on to quilting it???
Have a great Monday...
Regina

Michelle said...

Good job, Kristie!

Jen said...

I really like your top! It looks fantastic. I can see why you left the sashing out. I most likley would have done the same thing.

Moneik said...

Wow I love the quilt. It looks really good all put together. I wouldn't have done the sashing either.

Andrea said...

Well done Kristie - you got this done so quickly. It's lovely and colourful. I am borderly challenged - quite often come to a grinding halt so good luck !

Unknown said...

I love that November block, it will be interesting to see the border. Great job.