Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Power Outage!

This is the only sewing that I did yesterday. I already had it quilted so all I needed to to was add the binding. So probably 3 minutes of sewing and I was done.

Mom and I took Ida Belle to the vet this morning. Vet said she was very healthy. She is 8 wks old and weighs 12 1/2 lbs, so she should make a good sized dog. She will be going outside with Fred when she gets a little older. I am not used to having a dog in the house so I have used a ton of air fresheners and cleaners.

Today we had a scheduled power outage in our area so that they could replace some poles. So our electric was off for a few hours. I couldn't sew so I cleaned and reorganized my sewing area. It sure looks alot neater. Afterwards I sat down to read a nice historical romance novel. It is a really good book about the Norse and Scottish. I read about half of the book before Richard and the boys got home. I will probably try to finish it tonight.

My mom got some really great news today. I really can't say much about it yet but I can in a few more days. But I have been so HAPPY all day. She is really excited too! It is a GREAT thing.

I guess that is about all for today. The boys are fighting, as usual so I had better get off of here and make them stop before they drive me crazy.
Kristie

8 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Glad that Ida is healthy! I can't wait to hear what your mom's news it!

Cindy said...

I'm so happy that Ida is happy and healthy. After a while you really do get used to having a dog in the house. They are great fur children and they keep you company. I can't wait to hear what your Mom's news is.

Michelle said...

Kristie,
You need to find yourself a treadle machine, so when the lights go out, you can turn on the kerosene lantern and 'go to town!'

Anonymous said...

Glad Ida is healthy! Can't wait to hear what the good news is from your Mom... I have a thought of what it might be and hope that I am correct. I'll be checking to see what the good news is!
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a great day with Ida being healthy and your mom getting good news. Can't wait to hear what it is.

Unknown said...

Poor you to have the power out and have to use the time to clean.

Maureen said...

Wow I am out of it...I have to read back and find out who Ida is! I know she is a dog and she is young...if you keep her in the house you will love it...Emma is such a spoiled kid with fur! Good luck with the boys...trust me my Mom should be handing out advice as my brother and I are thirteen months apart and argued all the time.

Can't wait to hear the news about your mom!

Maureen
http://maureenquilts.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Glad the baby's healthy!! Michelle and the treadle machine idea is too funny. But like you said you can go days without power, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Of course, there's always that yo-yo quilt of yours!