Sunday, November 18, 2007

A little bit of sewing

Okay no new photos today, but I did sew...a little. I got my last row sewn on my cowboy quilt, but still haven't added the border yet. Hopefully, that will get done one day this week. I also decided to make a new tablerunner. I joined NancyRose's Yahoo group so I decided to make that one. I really don't have any Christmas fabric so I just dug something out of my stash that I could use. But I haven't started cutting it out yet. I guess I will start that tomorrow. It is an Ohio Star block with a few borders. I'll adjust the pattern for my table size. I wanted to start on it this evening, but I just didn't seem to have the energy. I have tons of projects that I want to work on, but don't have the energy. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Well, maybe tomorrow won't be better. I have two doctors appointments in the morning. One is for my thyroid and the other is my wonderful and exciting yearly exam. Don't you just hate those. And that doctor's office is soooooo slow. I hate going over there and sitting half the morning.

My brother's ex-mother-in-law died yesterday. They said that Thursday, Tammy (my ex-sister-in-law) found her in the floor. Tammy said she couldn't get up and was bleeding from her ears. She asked her what happened and her mom said that she fell. Tammy said that she was carrying a load of clothes in the basket down the stairs and fell down eleven steps and hit her head on a table. By the time she got to the hospital she was braindead. They had her at the funeral home today, my mom, sister, and my brother went for visitation. Mom said that Shane, my nephew was in really bad shape, he is taking it very hard. John and Tammy have been divorced for years and both have remarried, but Tammy, her new husband and Shane all lived with her parents. So Shane was very close to her. I guess that just goes to show that a person never knows from day to day what will happen.

I guess that is about all that I have to talk about tonight. Hopefully, I will get a couple of sewing days in this week before we have to start cooking for Thanksgiving.
Kristie

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah!!! You got the cowboy quilt done! I can't wait to see what you add for borders.