Friday, November 30, 2007

Richard's Bad Luck...

Not much new going on here the past couple of days. I've took a short break on sewing, just couldn't get in the mood so I picked up a book. I love reading Historical Romance Novels so I have read 3 in the past 2 days.

Got up at midnight to get Richard up for work. This being Friday and the fact that he had worked long hours all week, he was very tired and wanted to sleep an extra 10 minutes. He leaves the house at 12:30am so this gave him 20 minutes to shower and eat breakfast. I packed his lunch and he was headed out the door. I kissed him and told him to be very careful and not to drive fast. His reply was "I'll have to drive fast to get there by 1am. So he left and I headed in to check on the boys before heading on to bed. I heard his truck coming back. I went out in the driveway in my nightgown, he said he had a flat tire for me to go back in before I froze too death. After a minute I heard him yell, I ran outside just in time to see his truck rolling down the hill!!! I wanted to cry!!!! Not because of his truck, it is an old truck that he drives to work and working around on the farm, but it was headed straight for the sawmill!! It got a few feet from the sawmill and then went to the right. Because of the flat tire it pulled the truck to the right and right in to several trees and a wooden deer blind that they hunt out of. As you can imagine he said every bad word in the English language. He went down there and backed it back up in the driveway, aired the tire up and left for work. It caved in the front fender and the right door. I would take a photo but he just got back home and it is dark outside. But it could have been worse...someone could have gotten hurt, it could have hit the sawmill, or it could have really messed his truck up alot worse than it did. Needless to say, I did not go back to sleep, I was just too nervous. I did finally take a nap around 2pm.

Now we have settled down for the evening. We have a nice fire going in the fireplace, just finished dinner and are getting ready to spend some family time watching movies.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok, that makes two of us with bad luck, but no injuries, thank God....anyone else?

Cindy said...

I'm in for the bad luck too. It must be something in the air.

Gina said...

I'm gald that no one got hurt and that the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been.

You should see it as good luck that it didn't hit the sawmill rather than bad luck that it crashed. perhaps that'll make it sound better.

love and hugs xxx

Amelia said...

Glad the damage was on the minor side. The most important thing is no one was hurt

Reading like that - I can fully understand - if I start a book not much gets done until I finish it. So I try not to start one unless I have plenty of spare time. I read to suit myself...so I may glance over a paragraph and go on to the next one. Of course, I only do that when reading for pleasure.

Maureen said...

Okay...this is weird...I had bad luck yesterday too...I don't know if I sprained, strained something or chipped or broke my ankle bone. My foot and ankle rolled while I was at work yesterday and my bone hit the pavement...ouch. I'm glad Richard and everyone else is fine.

Maureen

Moneik said...

Oh, I'm so glad no one was hurt. Sometimes curves happen for a reason and luckily it didn't hit the sawmill.

Jen said...

Wow, I'm so glad that everything and everyone is ok. I'm sure it all seemed to go in slow motion which made everything worse!! Yikes. =(