Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chantal's Birthday Gift

We have spent the biggest part of the day working on the house. We have 3 more interior walls that we need to put up on the bottom floor and then we will start on the second floor. It is a slow process, but it will be paid for when it is finished. That is the most important part of it to me.

Yesterday I made a purse for Chantal. Wednesday is her 23rd birthday and I wanted to make her something special. A quilt she would expect from me, but not a purse. This is the "Gracie" from Lazy Girl Designs, that Jen makes. Thanks again, Jen for the pattern. I was going to make it out of the blue and brown poka dot fabric, but I didn't feel like running to Walmart to get it so I just used some fabric that I had in my stash. I hope she likes it. I showed it to mom and she loved it. I have some brown paisley in this same fabric that I think I will make one for mom, maybe for Christmas.

I also made her a Wonder Wallet and an eyeglass case to match. Sometime before Wednesday I plan on making her a matching checkbook cover and pocket tissue case. Those won't take but a few minutes to do.
Here are my Ebay purchases that I got in the mail yesterday. They have some very interesting patterns in them. These will give me something to look through this Winter. I think the post office is closed on Monday, so hopefully on Tuesday I will recieve a few more.

Don't laugh, but I also bought a "Grizzly Adams" movie. I used to love watching that as a child. We love to watch movies like that during the Winter. Living back here where we do, when we get a good snow sometimes we don't get out for days at a time.

Sorry, that I have been lacking on my blog and comments lately. I have been putting some of my historical romance novels on Ebay. I have probably a couple of thousand that I have already read. And I am running out of storage space. This past week I have sold $54. I think that is great since I don't have anything in most of them.
Kristie

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Your sister is going to just love her new purse and the accessories for it. The colors are great and you did a wonderful job.

I'm like you I read alot and I have boxes of books because I can't stand to part with them.
I'm glad you're back.

Michelle said...

Well hello, Kristie! We have missed you! The purse and accessories look great! I have about all of the LG patterns and have yet to make any of them! One of these days I will. Your quilt books look nice, and I am an ebayer too. We do most of our selling in the winter. Summer just distracts us...especially with the beautiful warm weather we have been having. Saturday, and today hit nearly 90*. Saturday, Louie and I put on about 250 miles on the Goldwing and had a wonderful day!

Glad you are back!
Michelle

Gina said...

I think your prse and accessories look great. chantal is going to love them.
I never thought of putting my books on Ebay. I normally give them to my local charity shops

love and hugs xxx

Jen said...

She is going to love the new purse. YOu picked a great pattern to start with. Wasn't it easy? No tears right? Your accessories are fantastic too!!

I really should sell some stuff on ebay. Maybe this winter. I'm sure I'll run across a lot of odd stuff once we start moving crap out of our spare room and into a storage locker so that I can have a sewing room.