Sunday, October 28, 2007

Working on the house

This is what we worked on today...the house. We worked on putting the double plate on top of the walls to tie them all in together. I cut the boards, Andrew carried them, and Richard nailed them all down. I am afraid of heights so there was no way that I was going to walk on top of the walls. Richard made me so nervous walking up there. Richard stood on top of the wall in the corner to take these photos. This first photo he was standing on the corner of the living room wall. The room in the back is my kitchen and the small room beside it is the bathroom and laundry room.

In this photo he is still standing on the corner of the living room but turned to the right. What you see here is the master bedroom with master bath and large walkin closet. The opening in the side wall that you see here is the opening for the french doors that will be in my bedroom and open out on to a private deck the length of the house. Also in this photo you can see the hallway and Hunter's bedroom in the back corner. This bottom section of the house is 40x40ft (1600 sq ft) We will start on the 2nd floor soon. The second story will have two 16x20 bedrooms and a loft that will measure 20x24. The loft will be my sewing area.
I know it is hard to tell much about it in the photos. But we will get it done someday. As of right now we have LESS than $1000 in the house so far. We have the windows and front and back doors in storage.

As far as sewing, I haven't done any today. Hopefully tomorrow after I get the house straightened up I will work on my "green bow-tie" quilt. I haven't worked on it in a while and I would like to get it done. I think I have all or most of it cut out. I would love to get the top done on it before the end of October, because the first of November I will start working on my BOM's.

Andrew came home today and was sooooooo proud of his deer. We will be taking it to have it mounted for him. We will probably take it next week to have that started. As far as the meat. It is in the freezer. It is just quartered up, so we will work on getting it all cut up and packaged this week.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the house tour. I know it will be VERY nice when it is done, and ALL of us will be very jealous of your sewing studio!

Jen said...

Gosh, your house is coming along nicely and I'm just so impressed that all that has cost less than $1000 so far! You're going to have such a great house and you'll have such great memories knowing YOU built it!

Moneik said...

The house looks great. I can't believe you get your own sewing studio!