Monday, October 15, 2007

A visit from my brother

Today was a very good day! I had to run snacks to Hunter's school for his snack time and right after I got back home, my brother, John showed up. He had to take off work today for some stuff he had to do this morning. I was very surprised. He spent several hours with me and it was very nice. We talked about a lot of things from when we were little to our lives now. It was a very precious visit for me and I hate for him to leave. The sad part of all of this is...he only lives 20 minutes from me and this is only our second visit year. I guess our lives are just very busy. But we promised that would change.

This is what I got in the mail this morning. "Sew One and You're Done" I really like this book and saw several patterns that I think I will make. They look very simple to put together.

I also recieved a great package from Maureen. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Several patterns for tablerunners, a quilt pattern and a Halloween Wallhanging. Honestly, I plan on making all of these, sometime. Maybe not this week but I loved them all. And to beat it all she even copied them in COLOR, how sweet is that???

No sewing today, but I did get 15 more nine patch blocks done last night before bed. Today I have been working on some pins for the cheerleaders and football players parents to wear for the homecoming night. This is for a school in WV. I used to live there a long time ago when I was married to my first husband and my EX-sister-in-law called me this past weekend and asked if I would make them. I used to do this all of the time. I sold them and made pretty good money doing it. So I have 30 pins to make and I will be getting $150. So that will take up the next couple of days. Then she said that Basketball season was starting on Saturday and they want me to make pins and hairbows for that too. I hate making these things but I keep telling myself "It is quilting money"
Kristie

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Yeah! I was going to e-mail you and see if you got your package. I am so glad you liked everything in the package. Hope all is well and I am glad you had a good visit with your brother. Spending time with family is always a good thing.

Maureen

Michelle said...

Kristie,
I have a brother who is very precious to me too. We don't see as much of him as I would like, and he's not very far away, but life gets busy and there are commitments. He has a family of his own, and grandchildren, and as we get older, we get tired more easily, and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day.
I'm so glad you enjoyed each other today. Always make sure you say, I love you. He can carry that with him always.

Wow! That is really nice of you to make those pins, and yes, think of it as 'quilting money'. Besides, when you are finished, you will just be itching to get back to quilting!

Moneik said...

How great to spend time with your brother! I really enjoy when I spend time with my brothers too. Helps us to keep caught up with each other. We're still at the age where we all go home to mom and dads pretty often and all spend the weekend together about every other month.
I did some work for quilting money this weekend, although right now it feels like wedding money. I wish I had a few more items to make money on.

Cindy said...

How great that you were able to visit with your brother and that it was just the two of you. Catching up is always nice.

Way to go on making the pins and like you said it's extra quilting money. I wish I had a source for something myself.

Jen said...

I still haven't sent your package...I'm a bad friend! If it makes you feel better, I haven't mailed my Alzheimer's quilt yet either. Glad you had such a great visit with your brother. Which Sew One and You're done quilt do you think you'll make first?