Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sewing Right Along...

This is last night's work. I started the new BOM that I mentioned. This is the October block. A very simple "Card Trick". I have quite a bit of this fabric left over from another quilt and I thought I would use it on this quilt. I have all twelve months printed off so I may work on it a little quicker than one a month.

I took Nancy-Rose's lead and started working on my nine-patch blocks for the Leaders and Enders. I have a box full of 2 inch squares. Last night I sewed together 45 blocks. I may work on a few more today. This will be a quick and easy way to use them up. I figured out my machine. It was skipping very bad when I was doing my machine quilting. I kept working with it and it was in my tension and stitching length. So now that I got that fixed I can redo the wallhanging that I was quilting. The skips were very bad so I need to take the stitching out.

I'm feeling a little lazy today, but I still think that after I get the house cleaned up a little I will try to sew...
Kristie

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh I love the card trick block. I made a whole quilt a long time ago using the card trip pattern. It hangs in a place of honor in my livingroom.

Wow those little squares really have gone together quickly. In no time you'll have a quilt top done.

teresa said...

You stitched those squares up mighty fast, looks great!

Moneik said...

oh wow you got a lot done!

teresa said...

Hi Kristie, I saw your comment on my blog yesterday, and yes I have horses and live on a farm too! I have 11 quarter horses and 20 acres here in New Jersey, I get up at 5:00 am everyday to do all the chores and my sewing room is actually the old tack room above the stalls, my husband put heat and we fixed up really nice, so it's unusual but it works for me!

Michelle said...

Wow! I am jealous! I wish I had an organized scrap pile so I could just whip out some little 9 patches! They are so cute!

Your card trick looks really neat!

Jen said...

Your card trick looks great. I'm so not good at scrappy!! Yours looks so nice, mine never do!