Monday, October 8, 2007

More gifts...

This was todays project. I made a tissue cover and a checkbook cover to match Chantal's purse. So that makes the purse, wallet, eyeglass case, tissue cover, and checkbook cover that I have made for her birthday. I will give these to her on Wednesday evening. I guess that plan is to meet at mom's on Wednesday evening after Chantal gets home from work for cake and ice cream.

I think I will try to make mom this whole set for Christmas but in the brown paisley fabric. She seems to like how these are turning out. Mom leaves for work on Friday morning, I dread it so bad that I can't hardly stand to think about it. I forgot where she has to go this time, but it is off in some other state. They told her that she may have to fly back when her 28 days are up.

I am going to Paintsville with mom in the morning. She has to go to Sears to take back her new dryer. When we unpacked it there was a small dent in the side. Nothing major and it can't be seen on the side when it is set back in place, but mom said if she was going to pay that much for something she didn't want a dent in it. I guess while we are up that way we are going to stop by the bookstore and Walmart, maybe even Goodwill :o) It is hard to tell where we will end up knowing mom.

This evening we had a surprise visit from Richard's mom and Grandmother. His mom lives in Ohio and she came in last night, which we didn't know anything about it, but they decided to drop in and surprise us. I know they just do that to see if they can catch me with my house dirty. I swear they do, because I've heard them talk about doing the other family members that way. Luckily it was clean. I had cleaned my kitchen table off this morning, that is where I do my sewing. I told Richard that God knew they were coming and that is why I was in the mood to clean. :o)
Kristie

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Your gifts look fantastic, and I know your sister will love them. Have fun tomorrow shopping with your mom, and DEFINATELY go to Goodwill, even if you don't go anywhere else! Tell your mom Michelle said so!

As for your mominlaw...why do people have to DO that???? Don't they have anything better to do? Oh, the games some people play!
Glad you outsmarted them though!

Moneik said...

I love all the gifts you have made your sister. I really wish I had a sister who I could make things for. My mom will have to suffice though. She loves it when I make her things.

Gina said...

I love the gifts you've made for Chantal.

I've got relatives like your mum in law. I don't care what they think of me, my house is clean enough for me and anyone else can go jump.

love and hugs xxx

Jen said...

Chantal is going to LOVE all that stuff. Did you enjoy making it all?

See, I hate, HATE, HATE pop-overs. People like that get under my skin.

Cindy Larson said...

I just love paisley! That turned out soooo pretty! Chantel is a very lucky person to be getting such nice matching gifts :0) You just have to wonder how they would feel if you just popped over to their house unexpected sometime!

Cindy said...

The whole set for her birthday is fantastic your sister is going to love her presents. I think what sets everything off is the colors. Way to go big sister.

teresa said...

wow , great gifts! I like the way you handled the situation with mom in law, way to go! It's me teresa, took me awhile to find you, so Hi!