Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rain, Rain, go away!!!!

Today has been a wet and rainy day here. We started out working on the house this morning after the boys left for school. We worked in the rain, but when it got too bad we came in until it slacked off, then back out to work. We almost have all of the walls on the bottom story up. All we need to do to finish it up is box in the closets in the master bedroom and Hunter's bedroom. I will post a photo of it when we finish. You really can't tell that much about it because it just looks like a bunch of 2x4 walls. We would have finished today if the rain had held off.

During my rain breaks today, I did get to sew a little bit. I started a Christmas wallhanging. It is just bits and pieces from different Christmas wallhangings. Nothing fancy, but I was bored. While looking on the internet, I did find some other Christmas wallhanging patterns that I think I will make later. Anyway, I just need to add some holly leaves on it and then it will be ready to quilt. I may try to get them cut out and on there later tonight.

I will have to make a trip in to town in the morning. I think Andrew has ate all of the snack food in the house. There is NO chocolate...and I also need to pick up my Diet Pepsi!!! Richard will be hunting in the morning. Hopefully he will get a deer. My freezer is getting empty!!!

Well I guess this is about all for today. Just another boring day........
Kristie

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sometimes boring days are the best kind there is. Look at it this way you got to spend time alone with Richard. You got to work on your house and to top it off you got to do some sewing. Doesn't sound boring to me.

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had an interesting and busy day. It's so weird to hear you talk about Richard hunting for deer already. Our deer season doesn't start until the second weekend of Nov. Mom and I always call it hunters widow weekend and there is a huge craft fair here that we go to. We always used to come to Rapid and spend the weekend. Now that I live here, she is bringing her sewing machines and we are working on the tablerunners for my wedding that weekend. Good girls time for us. My dad was not happy the day my little brother was born though, it was opening day of deer season and he didn't get to go!

Jen said...

Yea! You have a calendar now too! Gosh, you're getting so much done on your house. I'm so excited for you guys!