Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Good Day!

Today has been a good day!!! I have spent the day with the boys and it has been real nice. We really haven't done anything but hang out here at the house, but we have talked and and spent some much needed "special time"

My darning/free-motion quilting foot came in the mail this morning. Of course, I had to try it out! I have played on and off with it all day. Andrew sat there at the table with me, making fun of me. Just starting so my quilting isn't exactly perfect. :o( But I'm in no hurry, I will just keep working on it. My biggest problem is that I get in too big of a hurry. If I would just learn to slow down it would be so much better.

Mom is sick with the flu, I guess. She said it felt like the flu. She started feeling bad yesterday while we were out and by yesterday evening she was running a temp and was in the bed. Chantal said she had to make her get in the shower last night to get her fever to come down. I talked to her earlier and she had got up to try to eat so toast and had gone back to bed again.

I have been sitting her trying to think of a birthday gift for my sister. She will be 23 on the 10th of this month. I don't have a clue what to get her. Mom said she was taking her shopping for clothes. She doesn't have any hobbies, she works, comes home, and watches tv. Some exciting life for a 23 yr old! Anyway, her birthday is the 10th and Breanna, my stepdaughter's is in the 12th. She will be 14. I asked her what she wanted and she was very quick to answer. She wants to go shopping at "American Eagle" and a new "ipod" So that will be pretty easy as long as I can get her out of American Eagle quickly.

So Jen, when are we doing our 3rd Egg Money Block???????? I am very anxious to get started. But of course I don't want to rush anyone so I can work on something else. Actually, I need to get to work on my Santa BOM. Oh, and I forgot about this being the first of October. I bet Planet Patchwork has the October block out. I will have to go over there and check when I get done here. That would be something for me to work on. I'm just really not in the mood to work on the Santa block right now.
Kristie

2 comments:

Moneik said...

It sounds like you had the perfect day with your boys! I love those kind of days where you don't do anything, but spend quality time together. BOM's will get done in time.

Jen said...

Kristie!! One of these days I'll do that next block. I've gotta trace it out for you. I'll get it out by the weekend! =)