Thursday, October 25, 2007

Deer Hunting

I know hunting is not for everyone, but here it is a way of life. So I hope I don't offend anyone with this photo but Richard got a deer this morning. It is a doe, but who cares, you can't eat the antlers anyway. My deep freeze was almost empty, so I am glad he got it.

He left around 5am and was back home a little after 9am. He is out in the back yard right now skinning it out and I have been digging out the freezer paper. When he is finished we will bring it in to cut up and package. I plan on grinding some into burger and jerky, the rest we will just cut up into steaks and stuff like that.

Hopefully I will get some sewing in later in the day.
Kristie

8 comments:

Moneik said...

Wow! That looks like a nice one. How is he carrying it on his back? I've never seen that done before. I could shoot a lot of deer with a bow off my back stoop. I see about 50 every morning!

Michelle said...

Good for you, Richard! Yea!!!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Woo hoo! Congrats for the kill!

Cindy said...

Way to go Richard......

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on the deer! Thanks for visiting and for the nice comments. I read some of your blog entries just now and have bookmarked your site to continue later.
You have a very nice family. Where abouts in Kentucky are you located? I couldn't reply to your question because you don't have your email enabled on your profile page.

Anonymous said...

HEY SIS!!! I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE JERKY GETS DONE!!! U ALL BETTER GIVE ME SOME!! :)
LOVE YA~ CHANTAL

Patti said...

Hi Kristie! Thanks for visiting my blog. Patti

Jen said...

Mmmmmm venison jerky!! LOVE IT! I think it's great that you guys can do all of the processing yourselves. Around here everyone just drops their deer off at a butcher.