Another long day and I haven't really accomplished much at all. :( I got up this morning with some sinus problems, which I do this every year but I am feeling a little better now. Anyway....Richard has been working on the house some today and I have helped him a little. He had to put up a 20foot beam over my sewing room and that took a while to get it up there, it was just us so we had to use some ropes and things but at least it is up! And he did a few other things to it that needed to be done before we put up the plywood on the second half of the roof! The back half has been done for a while but we need to get the front part covered before the snow really sets in for the Winter. It is supposed to start raining tonight and turn in to snow later in the week so we probably will not get to work on it anymore until next weekend. :( We have the plywood and roofing felt already sitting here just waiting to be put on, we have had it for a while.
I recieved this wonderful little wallhanging from a sweet friend of mine, Lisa. She did a great job on it! This is the second wallhanging that I have recieved from her and her work is excellent! I already have it hanging on the wall and it looks so pretty. I can't wait to be able to display these in my new house someday. Thanks so much Lisa, I love it!
I have been sewing and cutting a little today! Here is the story.....I had a UFO called "Diagonal Nine Patch" now the pattern had 9 inch nine patches and 9 inch half square tirangles and the half square triangle blocks went in a diagonal line across the quilt. Anyway that is probably confusing but I liked the quilt so I decided to make it. Now I really screwed it up but thank goodness I can save it! Some of the fabric that I was going to use in the half sqaure trianles was a strip fabric. I cut my strips wrong they would have been going all different directions!!! :( So I decided to try a different layout with the blocks and this is what I came up with...
This is nowhere near what it is supposed to look like but at least it will work! I still need to add more 9 patch blocks on the sides and then maybe add a border to it! :) I'll take another photo of it when I get the top finished. I still have to sew the other 9 patches together, hopefully I will have the top finished by tomorrow!