Tuesday, October 10, 2017

What"s Next? Garlic Knots? Windmills? or Now or Later?




 Soooo....what quilt of mine am I going to work on and try to finish up next?  I've been trying to decide and first I dug out my "Garlic Knots" and after spreading it out on my bed I've decided that I still need about 48 more blocks to make it the size that I want.  I know that if I don't make it a little larger than it is right now then I will never be happy with it.  I love this quilt so far and I have 120 of the blocks sewn together here in a 10x12 setting.  I think I want to add 2 more rows to the side and 2 more rows on the bottom...then add a simple border. 
 As I was looking at this quilt top I noticed that I have one of the blocks turned wrong.  See the blue block below.  This is on the edge and I will take that out and fix it as it will bug me. 
 I had a few more of these blocks cut out so I decided to sew a few of them up...
 Then I sewed a few more...
 Then I found my windmills!  I love these!  I have several hundred of these sewn into blocks of 16. 
 I sewed a few of these that I already had cut out...
 Then a few more...
 And more...
 Then I ran out of what I had cut and could not find my acrylic template to cut more.  So this will go on the back burner until I find my template.  

Then finally I dug out my "Now and Later" or "Now or Later"  LOL!  I don't remember the name exactly.  :)  This one being a very simple pattern will not take too long to finish up.  It looks like I have all of the lighter squares cut and some of the colored rectangles cut.  I would like to make it a row wider and as you can see it needs to be longer.  I will probably add a simple border on it as well. 
 So I guess that is the plan...to work on this between customer quilts.  Speaking of customer quilts...I need to get back working on them as I haven't for a few days.  It is hard to concentrate on them while dealing with this toothache stuff.  I have started an antibiotic and will probably going to the dentist in a few days.  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the windmill and garlic knots - have thought of both to add to my ever growing list

Gretchen Weaver said...

Garlic Knots is lovely and so are the other projects. I hope you find your template for windmills! Happy stitching and I hope your toothache goes away.

Janet O. said...

I love each and every one of your quilts. You do such beautiful, big scrap quilts that make a bed look so homey and inviting.