Saturday, June 7, 2014

Dressmaker S-2400 Vintage Sewing Machine



 This little gal came from a yard sale for just a couple of dollars.  She is a Dressmaker S-2400.  She is a zig-zag machine, of course she sews a straight stitch but she also has 29/30 decorative stitch cams.  She also came with a manual. 
She weighs a ton!  A lot heavier than some of my other machines.  It also came in a case.  The case alone is worth more than she cost. 
 This machine makes me 20 or 21 machines, 21...I think.  I need to do a count.  I also have them all documented for future reference.  

The photo was taken before I cleaned her but she is now clean and sews wonderfully. 

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow, looks like a bargain, Kristie! How fun that it has all of those decorative stitches. : )

Jan said...

I love that you saved this vintage machine; good for you that you got a great deal.

Mrs. Rowsey said...

I just opened my grandmother's machine and it is the exact same one as yours. Unfortunately, I didn't get the cams. Boo. No manual double boo.

But I have my grandmother's machine, and that's a win.


Unknown said...

Hello,
I came across your post looking for information on my grandmother's machine. I've just started using it and it's this exact one (it just doesn't say dressmaker on it). I don't have a manual or the design cams... I've been using it for straigth stitches and am trying to figure out if I can use a zigzag. I can't seem to figure it out! Any help you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated! How do I use the zigzag stictch? And do you know what year the machine is? Thank you thank you!!