Friday, February 8, 2013

Singer 328 Style-O-Matic

Do you remember the other day when I posted about my Singer 237 that I bought and I said I bought two machines but only had room to bring one home that day?  I talked my sister into stopping by and picking up the other one for me yesterday.  She is in town everyday for work and I am not.  So I was excited when she brought it to me. 

This is a 1963 Singer 328 Style-O-Matic.  As you can see here she came in a cabinet.  I took this photo early this morning before I starting cleaning and oiling her.  It was still dark outside.  
 Another photo of her before cleaning...
 And here is one AFTER cleaning and oiling.  She is all shined up and ready to sew!  The plastic spool holders are broken but I have some so I will replace them.
 She sews really good and smooth.  She came with ALL of the attachments and the manual.  The manual says it came with 9 cams and all of those are there plus all of the attachments listed.  
 Here is a drawer in the cabinet.  I sorted through it, threw away the threads and the original screwdrivers and such are in there.  
 Also included were these...a Singer Student's Manual of Straight Stitch Machine Sewing and A complete guide to home sewing that is priced .35 cents.  The Student manual actually shows the Singer 404, which I have and love.  
 Before I go....just one last photo of her!  :)  
 I hope to do some sewing tonight so hopefully I will have some stuff to show you tomorrow.  
Blessings...
Kristie

10 comments:

Michelle said...

You got a good deal. Those cams are hard to find. I call this model the 'tractor' because all the ones I have ever found sound louder. This motor has a nice gear driven motor like your 404, so it should bring you many years of service. Love the manuals that came with it! Enjoy it!

Yvette said...

You and Bonnie Hunter find all the great deals!

Congrats!

Janet O. said...

Wow, that was a great find, Kristie! The older machines in thrift stores around here are usually priced higher, or not in good working order. I don't know enough about them to know what is worth fixing and what isn't.

lil red hen said...

Kristie, I have two of these!! One is the first electric machine I had, bought in 1963 and the other was my mama's first electric machine, bought in l961. I have the cams for my machine but the others got lost when I let my daughter use it. Both are still in good condition but need a little TLC. I also always thought they made a lot of noise.

Gayle said...

Old machines are so much fun - great find!

Honey Bear said...

That was a good find. How many machines to you have now? I have five and two sergers. Don't think my little sewing room will hold any more.

Tazzie said...

What a great machine Kristie, and the cabinet is adorable! Such a lucky find.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Deb A said...

You amaze me at what you find! I wish I had the talent to fix them up and get them running like you do. Enjoy your new machine.

Covington Creek Candle Company said...

I have this machine and love it. Would never trade it for another. I actually bought it for the cabinet but fell in love with the machine.

beth s said...

Have you quilted with this machine? My friend has one and she'd like to do some free motion quilting.