Saturday, November 17, 2007

Plans for a new Quilt Frame

This has been a very non-productive day. I did get my last blocks cut out for my remaining 5 blocks. Hopefully I will get them sewn together tonight. I can't wait to get the top finished. Richard and the boys love it and I took it out to Mom's the other night and she loved it as well, but she agreed with me that it needed another row.

I have been looking through my books and magazines trying to find something to start next. I know I have several that I need to finish, but I really want to work on something new. Within the next few weeks I hope to get some of my baby quilts quilted. Since they are small I can get those done on my machine.

A few weeks ago, I was looking at some quilt frames on the web and if you really know me you will know that I am very CHEAP. So my plan was when we get the new house finished I will be buying a home quilter. Anyway I was complaining about the prices and Richard said..."Baby, if I had a pattern for one I would just build you one" Well, that was the wrong thing to say to me because I found a pattern and it cost me $20. I looked it over and compared it to the other frames and it has what I will need, so I was very happy! Richard, I'm sure wishes he had not opened his mouth. The pattern is for 10', 12', and 14' frames. It even has a price list with it and everything can be bought at your local hardware store, Lowes, or Home Depot. I added it up and his cost for making it was less than $220. With us having a sawmill and using our own lumber it will cost us around $130. I think that is great! So the more that I save on my frame, the more I can spend on a new machine! Which I do want to make sure that I don't skip on any special features that I will need on my frame.
Kristie

6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

The frame plan is great! You'll have just what you want and need at only a fraction of the cost. Very cool. Have a great weekend... Regina

Unknown said...

Is the frame to use with sewing machine?

Moneik said...

What a great idea! Maybe I should find out where that pattern is and Paul could build me one! Richard is awesome to agree to do that for you.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That's awesome! I may have to see if my BIL would make a frame for me! :)

Jen said...

I can't wait to see what Richard comes up with for your frame. =)

Unknown said...

My husband made the same frame for me. I love it!