Friday, November 23, 2007

Our Newest Member Of The Family

Here is our newest little member. Her name is "Ida Belle" She is a 7 week old Black Lab and German Shepard mixed. We just picked her up this evening. As soon as she gets a little older she will go outside with Fred the Bassetthound.


Mom and I got up this morning at 3:30am and headed to Walmart. I know that was probably dumb. But we try to do it every year and also the day after Christmas. Anyway we got there around 4:30am and tried to make our way through the store. We ended up getting most of what we went after. We waited in the checkout for almost an hour. Afterwards we ran through the drive-thru at Hardee's and on home. I got back home before anyone even got up out of bed. We had a nice time.
Kristie

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Kristie!
I love your new puppy! She is so cute! You too, are a brave girl. I haven't even left the house except to take the van outside so I could set up the quilter in the garage. I still have about an hour to go, then I will have show and tell on my blog. Wow, I might even have two blogs in one day! Don't fall over!

I agree with what you said to Jen. Sometimes families can be really difficult....that's why God gave us Friends!!!
Have a great weekend!
Love, Michelle

Jen said...

OMG, she's beautiful!! I just pulled Holly in to take a look. She's the same kind as my Holly!! =) AWWWW, I'm going to need lots and lots and lots of pictures!!!

Amelia said...

Ida Belle - what a cute name for a cute puppy. I am an animal lover too. Our road is too busy for dogs and we don't want to keep one chained...so no dogs. However, we have three cats - who rule the house (or so they think)

Sounds like your trip with your Mom was not only memorable but successful in getting what you wanted.

Unknown said...

Puppies are always so cute. When do the shops open or do they never close?

Gina said...

She is so cute. Just like stanley used to look like. I can't believe you went shopping that early, and that the shops were open.
Enjoy the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday

love and hugs xxx

Cindy said...

she is just adorable and looks exactly like my grand dogter when she was a puppy. All I want to do is hold her and snuggle. We'll need lots of pictures.

Moneik said...

Oh what a cute puppy! I love them when they are that small. Enjoy your new family member.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Enjoy the puppy! I hope that you are able to get the house training down quickly! That was always a pain, I thought. I can't believe that you went shopping. I stayed home in bed on Thursday AND Friday. It was nice!

Maureen said...

What a cute baby!!! I told you I would check back and find a picture of Ida.

Enjoy her now that she is little...she will grow up fast. Might you consider making her an inside dog????

Maureen