Thursday, November 1, 2007

Lots of Quilty talk today!

Well today didn't go as I had planned, but I won't complain. First off when Richard came home from work yesterday he was sick and had almost lost his voice. So by the time he got up at midnight he had NO voice. I reset the clock for 3am and he still didn't feel any better so at 5am he called in sick. So I had him home all day, which was nice, I just wish that he wasn't sick. But you know how it is when you have a sick hubby at home they are worse than kids. So long story short....I didn't get to sew! But I did enjoy the time with him. He sat in the recliner most of the day covered up with 3 quilts.

My aunt Deb called this morning around 9am to say that she would be out this afternoon. I was very excited about her visit. She showed up around 3pm and stayed for several hours. We went through tons of quilt books, talked about quilt guild, looked through my quilts, tops, and WIP. We shared some ideas and lots of fun stuff. This was a great visit, since I really don't have anyone that quilts. She only lives about 15 minutes from me, so hopefully we can get together more often. I love all of my aunts but I will have to say that she is my favorite. I have just been around her more than the others. I think she may start going to quilt guild with me too.

Tomorrow I will have to do my weekly running and bill paying. But I plan on getting this top done before the weekend is over. I have another quilt in mind to do when I finish this one.
Kristie

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Thanks for the nice comments you left for me. As a novice, I haven't reached the level of beauty you and some others have, but it does give me a goal.

I must have the weirdest hubby in the world. When he's sick, he just wants to be left alone. I'm of the nurturing nature, so I pester him with juice, soup, aspirin, ya know...I wanna baby him. He hates it. Just close the door and leave him be. If I don't see him for 24 hours, then he says it's time to see if he's breathing. LOL

Favorite Aunts are a very special thing. I have one and she lives 700 miles from me. We talk several times a week on the phone. Thank God for free cell phone minutes.

Well....think I'll go have a try at the new frame again.

Happy quilting....
Regina
http://bitnbyaquiltingbug.blogspot.com/

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your aunt. I have a special one, but we don't spend much time together.

Gina said...

I'm so glad you had a great time with your aunt. I don't go to any groups so I sometimes miss having someone to talk to about quilts. My LQS is good though and are always ready for a chat.

love and hugs xxxx

Jen said...

I'm soooo glad you found someone to sew with!!!! Tell Richard to get better!

Unknown said...

I only have you in blogland as my quilting friends :) I would love to have someone near me to chat with about quilts, lucky you.