Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Productive Sunday

This has been a very productive day. Got up this morning fixed a big breakfast of fresh bacon and sausage (that we made), eggs, homemade biscuits, and gravy. While I made this very unhealthy breakfast Richard and Andrew fed the animals. We worked a little more on the house and finished all of the double plates. Now we are ready to put the beams up for the second story. While we were doing this Hunter pulled his wagon around in the yard. He probably made fifty trips around the yard. After we worked on the house, Richard still sick but feeling restless, went outside to his tool building and piddled around. So I took advantage of that and sewed! I got the borders on my Carpenter's Star. Before I added the borders is was 50x50 which would be fine for a baby quilt, but I wanted it a little bigger. So now with the borders it measures 64x64. I got the binding cutbut not ironed. I will iron if when I get ready to put it on. I still have to buy some batting and then I will quilt it. I will be using the cream print for the backing.
Planet Patchwork finally posted their November BOM pattern for the Celestial Migraine quilt. As usual it called for 2 of the same blocks. I can't wait to get this quilt finished. Even though it is in such bright colors, I really like how it is turning out.
I also did my November blocks for the Claudia's Quilt Shoppe BOM. This is only the second set of blocks. This month called for 4-8in four patch blocks. Very quick to do. So far I am caught up on all of my BOM's except for the Santa BOM that we are doing in Quilt Guild.

Now that I have all of these done I will start back on my Month by Month sampler. I have six out of twelve blocks done on it. I wanted to have it done by the weekend but I got a little sidetracked as usual. I was going through some of my fabric and found the pinks and green and decided to make the Carpenter's Star with it.
Richard will be going back to work tomorrow and the boys don't have school for the next two days.
Kristie

7 comments:

teresa said...

Wow Kristie, the photo is just gorgeous! Your property is awesome you must love it there. Your quilts are beautiful too!

Cindy said...

What a busy Sunday you've all had. Everytime I see a picture of your property I swear it gets prettier and prettier. Your quilt top turned out great. Love the blocks too. I've done nothing at all except grocery shop and laundry.

Michelle said...

Awesome quilts, beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

I love how the Carpenters star turned out.
I've got all my BOM's printed out for this month and am starting to work on them today

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure do work quickly! Love the carpenters square quilt! The migrane quilt is going to look so neat when you are finished. Love the scrappyness of the four patches.
Deb (vtquilter)

Unknown said...

You have a lot of BOM projects going on.

Jen said...

Did I ever tell you this is the block I want to use to make a shower curtain for the bathroom? I'm going to do it in red, blue & yellow - I have a fabric that's a cross between daisys and sunflowers.

I've only got one month done of the celestial migraine, hopefully I'll get more done at my quilt "retreat" this weekend.