Monday, November 26, 2007

Guild Meeting Monday

I got a little more done on my "Jewel Box" quilt. I have two more blocks finished that I haven't sewn on to this part yet. I have been sewing them into blocks of 4's and then sewing them together. It seems much easier that way. I still have more cutting to do. I am still cutting from my scrap bag and haven't used any of my yardage fabrics yet. I'm hoping to just use up my scrap bag on this.


Oh and here is a quick photo of Hunter during his fiddle practice this evening. Andrew was sitting there beside him playing his guitar, but you know how 14 yr old boys are, they don't want their photo taken. I'll have to sneak and take a photo of him when he is not expecting it.

This morning was our Guild meeting. It was very interesting. Our Christmas Party is scheduled for the 17th. Instead of exchanging names we are each bringing a gift and drawing numbers to see who gets each gift. Our limit is $15 so I will have to go shopping :)

We also learned how to make a "ruched flower" It is very different from what I am used to. We made a practice flower today and I would show you all but it really doesn't look that good. We are doing a block challange using this method. They also gave us some challange fabric that has to be used. The fabric is WAY out of "Comfy Zone" It is a dark purple with metallic gold lines going everywhere. Anyway, I guess within the next few days I will be practicing making these. I may have my hair pulled out before it is over with. We don't HAVE to make the blocks for the block challange, but I do think I will try.

Don't think I will sew alot tonight, I will probably be cutting more pieces.
Kristie

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Your quilt is going to be just beautiful, and I think it is just awesome that Hunter is learning to play the fiddle!

Amelia said...

The quilt is really coming along and it is looking great. It has been a good way of using up your scraps.

Can Hunter really play? Is he taking lessons?

Keep us aware of the creation with the new fabric.

Cindy said...

Your quilt is really coming along nicely. It's so neat that you are just using up your scraps.
Hunter looks so cute playing the fiddle. Has he been playing long or did he just start?

Anonymous said...

I really like that block for scrap quilting! Will have to remember it for next year and give it a try!! Thanks so much!

Andrea said...

This is looking really lovely already. I love scrappy quilts best.

Moneik said...

Great job on the quilt Kristie. It looks so good with all the scraps. Hunter is so cute playing the fiddle. I'm sure the purple with gold fabric would be right up my alley since those are my wedding colors!

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
I love how that quilt is coming out! You have such a great variety of scap fabrics. Is that pattern from the Nickle Quilts book? I think I saw the block name in there last night while I was looking through the book.
Deb (vtquilter)

Gina said...

That challenge fabric sounds just my thing. Good luck with the block, I'm sure you'll find something. How about one of the blocks from Celestial Migraine. It could look good in that.

love and hugs xxx

Elin said...

Hello again! I like this Jewel Box of yours. Is it a pattern from Quiltville? Nice way of using scraps.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Your quilt is really coming along nicely! I would like to know where you found the pattern, too.

Jen said...

Hey, how is your Santa BOM coming? You haven't talked about it...did you decide you hated it?