Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday's Sewing Progress

A little more sewing this afternoon. This is another photo of the first block.
And here is 4 blocks sewn together. This section is only 24 inches square. Not very big yet. I still don't have enough pieces cut, but I have a good sized pile and will cut more as needed. I get tired of cutting and don't want to cut more than I need.
I also have a plan to use the pieces that I cut the wrong size. I will work on that along the way also. Tomorrow morning is my Guild Meeting. We are making a tote bag, but I don't think I will make it, I'll probably just go in and sit around with them. Not everyone makes the projects so I'm sure I won't be the only one. We are also drawing names for Christmas tomorrow. That will be hard for me since I don't really know any of them that well. But then again a quilter should be able to buy a gift for a fellow quilter.
I will probably work a little more on my quilt tonight. The boys have to get in the bed early since they have school tomorrow. Hunter is already throwing a fit not wanting to go.
Kristie

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That is AWESOME, Kristie! I love it!

Amelia said...

Looking good...using up all the scraps is satisfaction in itself.

Cindy said...

Oh I love it. Someday I'm going to do a scrappy quilt. I've been saving all the sections of bindings that I don't end up using and will put them together for binding when a scrappy quilt gets made.

Gina said...

It's going to be a great looking quilt. You are inspiring me to go more scrappy and I'm on the lookout for a quilt pattern.

love and hugs xxx

Jen said...

It looks awesome! I swear, I think I need to start shipping my scraps to friends like you because I cringe when I try to make something scrappy, but others can use the same fabrics and I think it looks great! I made 2 jewel boxes just when I started quilting.

Moneik said...

Wow your quilt looks so good as a scrappy quilt.

Unknown said...

Wow this is going to be gorgeous as everything you do.

rt said...

What a beautiful quilt!