Sunday, November 11, 2007

Block ~12

It's been a long weekend. Not alot happened on Friday evening, just spent some time with mom and then back home with Richard and the boys. Saturday morning, Richard fixed my car and I just layed around the house. Saturday evening we went to a Hogroast at one of Richard's friends house. My sister and one of her friends went with us, mostly to keep me company. I do not drink, but I do drive Richard to these things once in a while. He works so much and I don't think that it will hurt for him to break loose everyonce in a while on a weekend. There were several there but only around 5 of us that were not drinking. I didn't think I would ever get him to leave. He kept singing and singing and singing and nobody wanted him to leave. It is like that every year when we go there.





Mom watched Hunter and took Andrew to a school dance for me. I very seldom leave the boys anywhere, but I just didn't want to have them around that. Hunter and mom had a blast and Andrew seemed to have fun at the dance. I think she was glad to have the time with them since she has been gone for a month.

I finally finished my last block for my sampler quilt. This is the November block. I didn't exactly do them all in order, but that doesn't matter, they are all done. Now all I have to do is border each block with assorted strips. I still have to cut them from the fabric left over.



Hopefully I will get to cut some of my strips tonight. I think I have to cut 48 strips. Then get them all sewn together. Not really sure what I will work on when I get this top finished. I may try to get some of my smaller things quilted.

Kristie


2 comments:

Moneik said...

Love your Nov. block. Isn't it a good feeling to get so much done?

Jen said...

I'm so glad your mom is home! I know how much you miss her. Hopefully you'll get a lot of time in with her.