Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Heavy Hips Harvey

This is what I made today. His name is Heavy Hips Harvey. Just think if I had put arms on him he would look like Patrick from Spongebob. I was looking through some of my patterns and books today and ran on to the pattern, so I decided to make him. He is only 9 inches tall and you can't really tell it in the photo but his hat bill sticks out. Oh well, I guess he is something different.


Here is my finished tablerunner. I ended up sewing the binding on last night. Got up this morning an cut the threads and took out the basting tacks. It looks terrible in the photo, but I promise it doesn't look that bad. The green is actually a moss colored cotton.

I am thinking about making another tablerunner for the coffee table. I think I may use the block patterns for my cowboy quilt. Like maybe one hat and a pair of boots. I know I hate making those boots, but maybe two wouldn't be too bad. I guess I will just wait and see. Don't know how much sewing I will get done in the next few days. I will help mom tomorrow start cooking for Thanksgiving. We will be having Thanksgiving Dinner at her house as we always do. But this year we will have to make it special since she will be gone on Christmas. After dinner at mom's we will go to Richard's Grandmothers house. His family usually meets in there in the evening.
Kristie

8 comments:

Amelia said...

Heavy Hips is quite adorable. I am sure your table runner looks perfect in person. Like you say the green does not look like moss - but more turquoise.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Moneik said...

Love the tablerunner. Aren't you glad it's done? Another one with boots and hats would be so cool. I'm sure your family would fight over it too.

Cindy said...

Heavy Hips Harvey is adorable. I liked the table runner you made so much I signed up for the group and just printed out the pattern so I can make my Christmas Table Runner. See, you're my inspiration.

Michelle said...

Let me guess...Hunter just LOVES Heavy Hips Harvey, doesn't he? He kind of reminds me of ME!!!!!
Your table runner looks great!

Jen said...

That Heavy Hips guy cracks me up!! Your table runner turned out great. You seem to be enjoying free motion quilting.

Gina said...

He is gorgeous. I just love him.

Your table runner looks great aswell.

love and hugs xxx

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Harvey is too funny! And nice job on the table runner!

Unknown said...

You girls in the USA are very busy these days preparing Thanksgiving.