Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hubby got a new toy!

I am still trying to rest up from my sewing marathon this morning. Fixed dinner and started to cut out another block for my sampler, but I just didn't have the energy.

Hubby came home from work today with a NEW riding lawn mower! He unloaded it out of his truck up at the top of the driveway and started it up. I didn't have clue as to what he was doing or what he had. It has a 20hp motor so it should be pretty nice. I know right now we don't need to cut the grass this time of year, but he bought it on a end of season sale. Of course, he acts like a little kid at Christmas!

Oh well, he works hard so I guess he deserves it. And here I was pondering last night about buying a new sewing machine. But just couldn't make myself pay that much for a new one, just yet....
Kristie

6 comments:

Amelia said...

Remember the old saying-"Big Boys require big toys". My big boy got his new lawn tractor several weeks ago.

Moneik said...

Boys will be boys. They always need their toys like we need ours. Paul got a new rifle last week. He keeps thinking he needs a 4 wheeler, but that's the equivalent of a new sewing machine/embroidery unit for me, so we'll be waiting a little while for that.

Unknown said...

Sometimes they act like little boys when they get that kind of toys and we pretend that we don´t understand them LOL

Michelle said...

Your big 'boy' looks like he is having fun with Hunter. My hubby's 'toys' are pool cues. We all have our vices, don't we? Thank God most of my 'fixes' can be found at thrift stores. I feel guilty when I buy anything retail. Anywho, tell Richard to have fun with his new toy. I bet he gets a blade for it to move snow, next!

Jen said...

Yeah, they look like they're having a blast!! Why don't you wait to think about a new machine until Richard gets your frame together. Then you might be looking at a completely different machine regarding the harp length.

Gina said...

Great now you've started Malcolm off again LOL. He's been wanting a ride on for years but I keep digging up the lawn so there's less and less of it.

love and hugs xx