Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Catching up

 Is anyone out there still reading my blog? :)  It has been a little while since I have posted.  Life just gets busy and I get behind.  So here is an update on the past couple of weeks...

Richard and I had been sick.  Feeling much better now.  Hunter's school closed one day last week because of sickness.  I heard yesterday that they were thinking about closing again for a few days.  Just so much flu and stuff going around.  

Hunter burned his hand.  He grabbed my curling iron and burned himself pretty good, three fingers and his thumb.  That was a trip to the doctor.  They gave him so cream stuff to put on it and some antibiotics.  He was very sore for several days after it started draining.  

A couple of days after he burned his hand, I had to take him to the dentist to have a tooth pulled.  :(  For some reason his teeth do not want to loosen up.  So he had a tooth coming in through the gum line above his old tooth.  That all went well, just a little sore.  

I have been sewing a little bit.  If you remember I was wishing that my scrap string quilt that I quilted a few weeks ago was bigger.  I wished that I had made it large enough to fit my bed, but I didn't.  So I started another one!!!!  I pieced almost 300 of these little 5.5" blocks!  They are all finished and sewn into rows.  I may try to get those rows pieced together today.  
As I was working on those string blocks, I also pieced some sections for my Butterscotch Pie quilt.  
I still have several more sections to go but I will get them done.  
I got this old girl out and pieced my string blocks on her.  She sews great!  She is very fast and I like that when piecing string blocks.  
Then on Valentine's Day, Richard brought me home a dozen of long stem roses.  I put them in a vase so that I could enjoy them for a few days.  
 Now that brings us to Andrew's birthday.  My boy turned 20.  :(  I am sad that he is grown but so proud of the man that he has become.  The Lord has Blessed me with 2 wonderful boys.  Mom wanted to take him out to eat and buy him a gift a few days before she had to leave for work.  After he got out of class on Friday we met him and she took him shopping, then we stopped and ate at the Outback.  Hunter was with us because that was the same morning that he burned his hand and I had to run him by the doctor first.  :(
 Here he is a little embarrassed because they were singing Happy Birthday to him.  LOL.  
 Here his is showing me some new stuff that he learned to play on his guitar.  
 Hunter and his friend are listening to Andrew play music.  This was Friday when they had cancelled School.  
 That is about it.  I've been walking a few miles a day when the weather permits.  Just trying to loosen my hips and back up a little.  The rain has set in this morning and we are supposed to get lots of rain and snow all week.  
Kristie

12 comments:

Regina said...

Still reading - beautiful blocks, beautiful kids, beautiful roses!!! Stay healthy - and spring is just around the corner!!

Melanie said...

We are all still here and reading. Glad to hear you are all feeling better. Love your blocks . Melanie xxx

Rhonda said...

Whew! You have been busy and yes, I'm still visiting your blog!! Take care!!

Yvette said...

Yup, I am still reading. How in the world did you piece all those strings? WOW! That is going to be an amazing bed quilt. I just LOVE scrappy, as you know.

I can't believe how big the boys are. It makes me a little sad too. LOL!

Katie M. said...

Life is something that just seems to happen :-) Sorry to hear Hunter burned his hand - been there, done that... And I agree about the kids growing up... We miss the children they were but glow in the pride of their adulthood... My 'baby' is 33 and I still look at him in wonder and think "WOW". Hope things are getting back to 'routine' for you...

Janet O. said...

Still reading, Kristie. Sounds like life has kept you hopping.
I can't wait to see that string quilt for your bed.
I had a hard time sometimes with the "milestone" moments in the lives of my children. I loved being a Mom and didn't want to face that the children were growing up.. Now they range in age from 24-34, and I have adjusted to, and am enjoying, this phase of life, too (but it was an adjustment). : )

Missy Shay said...

Poor Hunter! I can't wait to see your quilt!

Unknown said...

Yes you were missed. I just kept reading the old post hoping you'd be back soon. Sorry about the flu and accidents. Glad you got some strings made.My baby is 38. They leave the nest so soon but are forgiven when they marry and you get grandchildren which are way much fun w/o a lot of responsibility.

Deb A said...

Welcome back Kristie! Hope everyone is on the mend and feeling better. Pretty blocks.....300 of them. My but you have been busy.

Michelle said...

Still reading. Stay healthy down there! Good to see you post again. Beautiful blocks. Take care.

Libby said...

I check your blog every day! I know your weather gets bad up on that mountain so I thought maybe your internet was down. Glad all is well, except Hunters hand:( Burns always hurt so bad! That is a might pretty pile of string blocks there!!

Wonky Girl said...

Yes, I do read cuz your blog is on my reader sidebar. I just don't comment a lot. Sorry you have been sick and all.