Monday, October 9, 2017

Quilt Top Assembled! YAY!

Yesterday I got all 80 of the blocks assembled into a quilt top!  That felt great to do some sewing for myself.  That only happened probably because I am a procrastinator and I should be working on customer quilts instead of something for myself.  LOL.
 I still need to sew on a border and I think I will used this blue since I have a bolt of it. 
 I hope to get the border sewn on within the next few days.  Now I'm wondering what I want to work on next for myself.  I have some UFO's that need finished but sometimes you just can't get in the mood to work on something that you are tired of at the moment.  I'm thinking that I may jump in and finish up my Garlic Knots.  I definitely need to concentrate on customer quilts right now but I also need to throw something in between to work on for myself. 

Richard had to work yesterday but is off today.  I didn't go to Church yesterday as I have been battling a toothache fora few days.  I just sorta hung out here at home with Hunter and worked on my quilt as I felt like it.  

6 comments:

Chase Klop said...

I love this project! I've been watching your progress and I have a question about pressing. Have you figured out a way to press the blocks so that the seems nest while sewing the blocks next to one another? Thanks!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice quilt and always nice to make something for yourself

---"Love" said...

I couldn't imagine how those blocks were going to go together, but I love it; it is beautiful! That blue border fabric is beautiful too! ---"Love"

Carline said...

I love this quilt! I am trying to figure out how to make it without a pattern. How big are the finished blocks before you sew them together? I am so impressed by your pantry. I love to can and just had a class with 11 & 12 year olds to teach them. They look so good all lined up on the shelf.

Gayle said...

I had no idea those blocks would make this design - very, very cool!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I love how those blocks all came together. Glad you were able to work on something for yourself. Sorry you're dealing with a toothache. That is some of the worst pain I've ever felt. Hopefully, you are able to get it taken care of.