Monday, October 2, 2017

Customer Quilts and Some Piecing....

 Here are the blocks that I have been piecing.  I'm just piecing a few here and there between the canning, quilting and just life in general.  

I found these blocks and I had cut them all out a few years ago but had not pieced them.  The pattern is called, "Lattice Bones" and it came out of a quilt magazine.  Weird name really but cute block. 
 I have more of the blocks done than this but I was just throwing them up on the design wall.  The plan is to piece 80 blocks for an 8x10 setting.  I think I still need to piece 20 of them.  Hopefully that will get finished soon.  Then I will also sew on a simple border.
 Here is another beautiful customer quilt that I quilted!  I love a Dresden!!!  I've quilted several of them for this lady.  She does an awesome job on the piecing.  This was also a king.  Actually this was pieced by the same lady as the red log cabin in my last post. 
 Saturday evening we went to a birthday party for 2 of our great nephews.  The party was held at Richard's brothers house.  It was great to see everyone as it had been several months since seeing some of them.  After we got home I canned some vegetable broth that I had simmered before we left for the party.  I ended up with 7 quarts of that.

Sunday after Church I quickly changed into my comfy clothes and got to work!  LOL!  It had been a busy week and my house was a total mess.  So while I was cleaning the kitchen I put 7 quarts of pinto beans in the pressure canner.  My busiest quilting time of the year is coming up so I like to have a lot of fast meals on hand.

I mentioned my busy week that I had last week...well here it goes...

Monday- Richard was home so I never get anything accomplished in the house.  LOL!

Tuesday- I watched my precious niece Addison all day.  She is 2 so you know that I didn't accomplish anything that day either.

Wednesday- I spent most of the day with mom.  My sister called me late Tuesday night and said that mom had fallen on the porch and was still on the porch.  By the time I got out there she was up but in a lot of pain.  So to make it short....Wednesday morning she decided to go to the doctor.  She has injuries to her right arm and left knee.  The knee is doing better and the arm is slowly improving ...well if she would stop trying to use it.  I was so worried about her.

Thursday- was payday!!!  LOL!  So I spend the biggest part of the day grocery shopping and running errands.

Friday- NOTHING!!!  LOL!  I just couldn't seem to get my crap together to get anything done.  I did go out and visit with mom for a while.

Saturday and Sunday- I already mentioned that above.  LOL!  So in the end...my house is showing neglect!







2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have had a week haven't you. I hope your mom gets to feeling better soon, a fall can leave you with a lot of aches and pains for awhile. Sometimes I have weeks like that today I hope to get some quilting done in the morning because I know my afternoon is shot already - I might get more done in the evening.

Janet O. said...

I am glad your Mom's fall wasn't more serious!
I think I have also seen that block (or one very like it) called garlic knots.
You are a very busy woman, Kristie!