Friday, October 6, 2017

Feeling Accomplished!

 I feel like I got a lot accomplished yesterday!!!  YAY!  I am exhausted but I was well satisfied when the day was over!  Then I got in bed and a million things went through my mind that I needed to do.  LOL!  

First off, I watched my 2 nephews and my niece for about 9 hours...ages 11, 8, and 2.  They were really good and I always enjoy spending time with them even though they exhaust me.  :)  So while watching the 3 kids, I pieced this very simple baby quilt.  I know it is hard to see the cream background fabric against the design wall. 
 You can it a little better here.  Nothing at all fancy but I'm hoping it has great meaning to them.  The plaids are from shirts that belonged to the great grandfather.  I made a Cross memory quilt last year and I had a few leftover pieces.  The baby's father, Ryan was very close to his grandfather and really took it hard when he passed. 
 The baby shower is October 28th so I still have a little time left to quilt it.  I hope to throw it on the frame between customer quilts.  I'll probably just do a simple stipple or something like that.  I think I will use this blue minkee for the backing only because I already have it.  :)
 I took photos of all three of the kids but the others turned out a bit blurry.  This is Addie (messy hair as she just woke up from her nap) She was so proud of working her puzzle.  Love that precious little smile.  Love all 3 of those kids! 
 If you look folded on the back of the couch is one of my quilts that needs the binding sewn down on it.  I thought I would sew on that while I watched the kids but I never touched it!  LOL!  This is the same quilt that I took to the beach in July and planned on doing the binding then....but never touched it then either!  LOL!

Also while the kids were here, I peeled and canned 14 pints of pears!  Someone gave my MIL some pears and she sent them on to me.  I already canned pear butter a few months ago so I just canned these in a light syrup. 
 For giggles....here is a little more of my canning.  Pears, jellies, jams, apple butters, peach butters, pear butters, candied apple sauce and who knows what else in there.  :)  Bottom shelf has pints of pickles, green tomatoes, green beans w/mushrooms, carrots, carrots & potatoes. 
 More pints...carrots & potatoes, beets, chicken vegetable soup, salsa, sweet potatoes, banana peppers, and fried apples.  Under the towels on the bottom is some of my kraut!  This does NOT even show my QUARTS of goodies that I also have canned.  I'll get a pic of those later. 
 So in the end it was a good day.  I was very tired but happy.  

Today...cook, clean, quilt....story of my life.  LOL!  Actually, I have to take Hunter for a haircut and then he wants to take his girlfriend out for lunch.  Since he is 15 and can't drive, I will be taking them.  :) 

4 comments:

Panto Pam said...

No wonder you haven't posted much this summer, you've been a BUSY girl! LOVE seeing pictures of your canning shelves!!

---"Love" said...

Your canning shelves are as pretty as your patchwork quilts! Both remind me of my mother! ---"Love"

Janet O. said...

Thoughtful baby quilt. I have some squares left from my Dad's shirt quilt. Maybe I should consider a baby quilt.
I love seeing the results of your industrious canning!
Your little niece is adorable. What a sweet face.
Hunter has a girlfriend? Oh, when did he grow up?!?

Tammy said...

Wow, you are going to love all the bounty that you've canned. I wish I had done more this year. Only raspberry jam was made. May still get to dilly beans this week. We'll see!