Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Blocks are finished and some baking

 I got a little more quilting done on this customer quilt.  It belongs to my aunt. 
 Here is a larger photo of it.  I am about halfway through right now.  I hope to finish it up today.  I forgot what she said the name of it was but it's very pretty.
 I also finished piecing ALL 80 of my blocks!  I hope to slowly assemble this between customer quilts.  These blocks are so fast and easy!  A friend of mine used Halloween fabrics in these blocks and it turned out super cute. 
 Today I am going to try to piece the baby quilt that I need for an upcoming baby shower.  I'm going super simple so it will only take a few minutes to actually piece it.  Then hopefully load it on the frame and quilt it before I load the next customer quilt on.  Actually, it will take me longer to pin it on than it will to quilt it.

I got my bread baked yesterday.  Nothing like the smell of fresh baked yeast bread straight out of the oven.  I try to stretch these loaves out for the week but it never seems to last that long.  :)  We had some last night with baked spaghetti and we are having leftover baked spaghetti tonight. 
 Someone asked me a while back how I got my crust "glossy"  LOL!  Well...I rub butter all over it while it is still hot to keep the crust softer and to add a little extra butter taste.
I guess that's all for this post...time to get my morning chores done and get started quilting.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love home baked bread and would eat way too much of it if I baked it frequently - hubby would eat a loaf in one day if I let him while it was still hot

Janet O. said...

I use to bake bread each week, too, and it never lasted. When our kids were all home the 4 loaves would be gone a day or two before I would bake the next batch.
I used to do the butter on top while still warm, too. Gluten free bread just is NOT the same.
One of the hardest things I had to do when I was diagnosed with celiac disease was sell my wheat grinder and my Bosch (what I used to mix my bread).
Can't believe you have all 80 of your blocks made! Wow!!

julieQ said...

Yum, Yum, Yum! Your bread looks so very good!!! with jam and butter...can you tell I am on a low carb diet right now???

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Home-baked bread never lasts as long as store bought. Yum, yum, yum! You have me drooling over those lovely loaves of baked goodness. Love all of those blocks you've assembled. That looks to be a great design you're quilting for your aunt. Happy sewing!