Saturday, October 21, 2017

Another one down...

My latest customer quilt is finished!  I'll admit this one was trying.  The fabrics were very stretchy.  The customer and I decided that an overall large stipple was best for it.  So many different fabric textures that it was just very stretchy to quilt.  In the end, I think it turned out pretty good.  Sorry the pics are blurry.
Last night I loaded another one on the frame so it is ready to go this morning!  It is a very pretty patchwork.  I'll post pics of it tomorrow.  

Have you ever been in a big hurry and messed something up so in the end it is just going to take you longer?  Shew....  A few days ago I got in a big hurry quilting a baby quilt and ruined it.  Yep, I either have to pick it all out or just make another one.  LOL!  I have quilted with Minkee a million times but I got in a big hurry and stretched it so bad that when I removed it from the frame it is just a big wrinkled mess.  That's what I get for trying to rush.  LOL!

Richard had been off work for the past few days and yesterday was his first day back.  He is getting ready for work today as I type this.  The boys are still asleep but Andrew will be getting up shortly for work as well.

I forgot to post about my Acorn Flour!  The first batch, I used about 1-1/2 gallons of acorns and in the end I have a little over half a quart of flour.  I used some in waffles, mixed it 50/50 with self-rising flour so that it would rise and it worked perfectly.  The taste is hard to explain but the closest thing that I can think of is "wheaty".  It has kind of a wheat taste.  Anyway, it is good and a fun little treat.  
I think I mentioned about a month ago that my momma fell and was off work.  She had another appointment on Thursday and the doctor put her off for 6 more weeks.  She is doing better but just not back 100%.  Her biggest issue that she is having right now is her shoulder and with her job being a cook she certainly has to use both arms and do a lot of lifting.  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your mom was able to get on short term disability for awhile that is indeed awhile to be off of work. Sorry you baby quilt messed up, I have never used minke

Janet O. said...

I enlarged the first photo and there appears to be fuzzy fabrics involved. Interesting--brushed polyester, maybe? I can see how that would present challenges to mount.
I got a kick out of the acorn flour. I have spent much of this afternoon with a dozen different flours on my counter, making up some gluten free flour blends, but acorn is not one I have heard of before!! :)
I hope you Mom heals thoroughly before going back to work.

Rhonda said...

Ok, you've caught my interest. Acorn flour.......will you share the recipe for making it? We have loads of acorns here on our farm & I usually end uo raking them up to throw over the fence.