Monday, September 28, 2009

Where Have I Been???

Where to start????? I sure hope you all remember me! :) It has been a while! I will try to cut this internet story as short as possible! It has been a mess! I have NOT had phone or Internet for a while now. Today was their deadline to have it on by 4:30pm. So Friday at 4pm I got my phone working but not the internet! They kept telling me that I had internet sevice but I did NOT! So this morning, I find out that they need to replace ports and add more ports, not really sure what that means but needless to say that my DSL would not work without it. So they put me on temporary DIAL-UP until they get all of that fixed!!! :( I did not remember how slow that dial-up was until I started trying to use it. Hopefully, it will not be too long until I get my DSL back, in the meantime, I will have to deal with dial-up! :(

This have been a very busy Summer! I really don't know where to start! Let's see....Hunter is doing fine and so is Richard. Andrew hurt his shoulder weightlifting at school. Now we are trying to avoid surgery! :( He messed up the rotator cuff and something else in there, so everytime he tries to move his shoulder it wants to pop out of socket and pop out the back! :( Very painful for him! So tons of doctor appointments and has physical therapy 3 times a week after school! Now to add to it he has to have his wisdom teeth cut out on Friday! So I have really been staying busy with him. So if you don't mind say a little prayer for him...

Been working on the house sooooooooooooo much! I will have to dig photos out of it to show the progress. Trying to get a lot done on it before Winter!

Now on to the animals....do you remember Gertie the fainting goat? Well.....Gertie got out of her goat pen, got in the horse pasture......fainted.......and was trampled to death!!! :( So I lost her! Saphera, the colt, got kicked in the eye by her mother. Vet thought she would loose the eye completely and at one point it was on the verge of rupturing! Anyway, she is doing better now, she does have some vision loss and it looks a little cloudy but at least the bad part is over. Now on to Dozer, the Great Dane, pup that Andrew got. He got sick and had pneumonia, almost died, was taking breathing treatments around the clock and thankfully, pulled through.

Now on the some photos!!!!! :)

First here are a few photos of some vegetables that I put up....blackberries, HOT HOT HOT peppers, and okra! Put up lots more but didn't get photos of them...


Here are a few of my quilts that I have quilted. Been quilting for others too, so that is keeping me busy! :)



















This is a quilt that I quilted for my Aunt Deb, she made for her Granddaughter.

I finally got my Hole In The Barn door blocks all sewn together and got the borders on Chantal's Pink Bargello, now they just need to be quilted.


I also sewed some simple borders on these fabrics to make donation crib quilts where my sister works, they are great to practice my new quilting designs on.


This is a paper-pieced star that I did, not sure if it will end up in a quilt or not, I was just bored one night.

And last but not least, here is a photo of Hunter and Smokey!


I have tons more photos so expected lots of posts!!!!!
Have a wonderful and Blessed Day!
Kristie

18 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Welcome back! It's been a long, long time!!

Anonymous said...

I wish your son well on his wisdom teeth extractions... owie! Sorry about the goat :o(

Looks like you have been a very busy girl!

Kelly Ann said...

I was wondering where you took off too...I was getting alittle worried when you started listing the trials of the animals and didn't mention Donkey...but alas I saw him in his spender having his picture taken with a quilt...glad you made it back to blogland.

Hazel said...

Welcome back Kristie ,wow what a summer you've had ,here's hoping the rest of the year will be better for you .

Amelia said...

So wonderful to read a post by you. Krisitie, you have been missed so much. Quilts are so pretty and your machine quilting looks so smooth...Hunter and Donkey...what a pair...missed them too.

Do stay connected - by the way who is phone line company?

Vesuviusmama said...

So good to see you back! One good thing about no internet is more time to quilt, right? Sounds like a rollercoaster summer! I hope life calms down for you a bit. Great quilting!

Quiltluver said...

Welcome back!. We missed hearing about your family, animals, new house, and of course, your quilting. Hope you're back for good this time. Karen

Julia said...

There you are Kristie...I was wondering if you were Ok..welcome back!
Your quilting looks great..
Sorry about the poor goat...
Hugs Julia♥
P.S. I have done two quilts on my frame..I need lots of practice..

Michelle said...

We've all missed you, Kristie. It's good to see you back, and I hope you are here to stay.
be blessed,
Michelle

Tazzie said...

Wonderful to hear from you Kristie, I missed you! My goodness you've had a lot of drama since we heard from you last - I really hope things settle down for you. And good luck with Andrew's surgery, Amy recently had the same thing, and she pulled thru just fine.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Kelly's Kwips said...

Glad to see you back online Kristie! Can't wait to see the rest of your quilting.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OMG!! I'm so sorry to hear about Andrew and his shoulder! I hope no surgery is needed!! And the poor animals! I'm so sorry about the goat! Oh man!! I'm happy that the rest are or have pulled through. It's so awful losing an animal that is like a part of the family.

Carla said...

I'm so happy to see you posting again. You've certainly had a busy summer.

Gina said...

What an eventful summer you've had. I'm glad that you are back and that things are settling down for you and the family

Love and hugs Gina xxx

QuiltedSimple said...

WELCOME BACK!!! It's been an eventful summer for you!
Kris

Unknown said...

WELCOME BACK :) I have missed you.

KyQuiltlady said...

I'm glad you at least have dial-up. I do know it is slow but better than nothing. I see you got a lot of quilting done. Hope Andrew's arm gets better soon.

Babs said...

Great to see you posting again! Sorry to hear about the animals and Andrews shoulder. Hope it is feeling better.

And what beautiful quilts! You've been busy!