I've had many "family things" going on this past week and just haven't been in the mood to sew. I did work on a little bit of binding but not enough to really show a photo of. But I guess this week I will just suck it up and get back to quilting.....maybe. It's just been a very stressful week.
Anyway...I have been tinkering around and boxing up a few things and moving them out to the house. I figure if I do a little at a time it will not be so overwhelming. Boxed up some China and stuff like that. I had three sets, one set was my grandmother's and the others are just mine. So they are boxed up and out in the house. Not sure what I will do with them, I really don't have a way to display them, I just keep them stacked in the cabinets.
Another thing that I boxed up was these....I'm really embarrassed for you to see all of the dust in that cupboard. I have this little cupboard that is only about 32 inches tall and it has a solid door so you can't see anything in it but when I opened it I was embarrassed by all of the crud/dust in it. I have collected odd china cups over the years. I usually pick them up for about a quarter a piece at the junk store or yard sales. Some of them are not real old but some of them are really old. So these all got washed and packed up and I also cleaned the dust out of the cupboard too.When I went to get the box to pack these in this is what I found...
I also took my big tote of orphan blocks out to my new sewing room too. There is probably enough orphan blocks in here to make 3 or 4 bedsized quilts. There are also a few stitcheries that I made a few years ago.
I did get my new sewing room cleaned up some in the new house. Richard had a bunch of scraps of sheet rock and plywood piled everywhere in it. Of course, he will still be making more messes in there. He still has to run the electric wire and install my rescessed lighting over my frame and finish mudding and sanding the walls so that I can paint. This will have a wood ceiling so that will have to come later. He doesn't have all of that sawed out yet. Anyway, he had a ton of stuff piled on my frame so I cleaned that off too so now I can pin a quilt on there and get back to quilting. You can see that I have some stuff already stored in there. This is the view of the other side of the room. In the end I will not have all of those supports in there, I will still have a couple of them, but they will be replaced with huge oak beams when the time comes. If you look close you will see that I have some hollow core doors laying in the floor over there. Richard is going to make me a sewing table out of them. I put them over there because I was thinking that I might sit the table there. They measure 36x78 each so that should end up being a good sized sewing table. I'm sure I will be moving everything around once we actually get moved in. But I do know one thing, I don't want anything blocking my window. I love my window and we had such a hard time getting that thing in there it is 4ftx8ft and with me being only 5ft tall, I feel like a midget when I stand in front of it. LOL! I guess that is about all for tonight, hopefully I will be back in a couple of days with some quilting to show you.