Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hey there!

Hey there, did you miss me??  Thanks so much for the many emails that I have received.  I haven't been posting mostly due to computer issues but also just life has been busy.  

I've tried to type this post a half a million times but my silly computer does not want to post it.  Occasionally, I can check my emails but can't really respond to them.  I can't even load photos.  This computer is close to 300 years old!  LOL!  A new one is just not in the budget right now.  :(

Hunter is doing a lot better with his foot.  Still having some issues but nothing major.  I have been going to the chiropractor 3 days a week and something was brought up in the conversation about Hunter.  I was telling him about Hunter's problems and he suggested that I bring him in for an adjustment from head to toe!  So I did and let me tell you that was the best thing that I could have ever done for that child!!!  X-rays showed that his pelvis was unlevel, which made his back extremely curved and one leg shorter than the other, which they all sorta made each other worse.  Hunter had been complaining about his legs and back but his major problems was in his foot.  So after that first adjustment he was SOOOOOOO much better.  It made a major difference in his pain.  I felt the same way after my adjustments.  Of course the first thing that I did was, thank the Lord and then gave the doctor a big hug.  It was hard when Hunter was crying from pain and I couldn't find anything to ease it.  So we are making the trip 3 days a week to town for our wonderful chiropractor appointments!  Love them!!!!

As far as everything else.....I know it may sound silly but I am a "schedule type of person" and having to go in to town 3 days a week has completely messed me up!  I'm finding that I can't find any extra time to quilt!  LOL!  I keep wondering how I quilted when I worked full-time and had 2 younger kids!  Also summer is here and I have been spending a lot of time on my front porch doing nothing but listening to the birds sing and watching the squirrels play.  I love it.  

My quilting machine croaked so I had to send it off to be fixed, got it back and it still is not right!  UGH!  I occasionally go upstairs to try to adjust around on it but it is so hot up there that I just get aggravated and give up.  Not sure what I am going to do about that yet.  

I guess this all that I will type right now.  I don't want to type a book only to find that it will not post.  Fingers crossed!!!  BTW...about the only thing that I can open on my computer is Facebook so I have been on there some, so if you have a Facebook account send me a friend request....it is under....Kristie Carter Layne!!!!

9 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Nice to see you. I'm so glad to hear that you have found something that is helping Hunter.

Deb A said...

just sent you a friend request on FB - Deb Aylward.
Glad to hear you are doing ok. I was getting a little worried.

Melanie said...

Good to see you back. hope Hunter keeps improving. xxx

Janet O. said...

Good to hear from you and know how you are getting along, Kristie.
That is great that the chiropractor has been able to do so much for Hunter.
I hope your machine can get truly fixed. That must be maddening!

mlcquilts said...

I have missed you and will send a facebook request. Sorry your machine is not working. Hope something can be worked out. I finally got my frame and stretched Juki working again. I keep breaking the ratchet stop but for now it works. Glad Hunter is getting better. It is really hard when your child hurts and nothing seems to help. See you
Mary Carter

Rhonda said...

I had been wondering what you were up to. It's hot here too but I manage to get in some sewing. So glad you son is getting some relief.
With you computer troubles, I will certainly understand about not responding.
Take care and keep cool.

mary truax said...

Thanks for sharing about your son. My nephew, age 15 is having pain in his right foot. Advised my sister to take him to the chiropractor. Hope you find some time to sew. It is necessary for good mental health!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you have found some relief for Hunter. I know sewing upstairs has got to be unbearable in the heat. Hopefully, the long arm will be up and running well for you in the fall so you can start quilting again!

I wish you lived closer as I have a computer that I want to leave my house! I just don't need it any longer and the schools don't want it because it is 5 years old. Still works great but all that equipment takes up so much room! If you do decide that you need a resource for getting on line and you have wi-fi capabilities, I highly recommend a Chromebook or a tablet. Much less expensive than a big, honking computer. I love my Nook tablet and my mom just got a Chromebook.

Yvette said...

Good to hear from you!