Thursday, August 22, 2013

Two New Machine Additions...

 I was up late again last night and was looking around on Craigslist at old sewing machines.  I found one that I would love to have, a Singer Red Eye.  Of course, I'm not getting it even though I really wanted it.  I posted on Facebook about it, just joking around, wondering if I could sneak it in the house without Richard knowing.  He doesn't really care, he just usually rolls his eyes when I mention another machine.  

So I received a message from a dear friend of mine on Facebook.  We used to work together 20+ years ago at a sewing factory and we made jeans, Levi's and Arizona brand for JCP.  Anyway....her message said that she had two old machines that if I wanted them, I could have them FREE!  LOL!  Ummmm....my mouth just dropped, of course I want them....wait do they work?  She said they did but hadn't been used in years so I figure they will need a good cleaning and oiling.  She was at work so I had to wait until today for photos of them and she couldn't remember right off what kind they were but here are the photos that she sent to me. 

The photos are a little blurry but this one is a New Home.  I asked her if it was a New Home and she said it was. 
 This photo shows the cabinet a little better.  She said the cabinet on this one was in good condition. 
 The second one is a Morse 600.  She said she bought it at a yard sale years ago for $10 because of it's color. 
 She said the cabinet on this one was a little rough.  If it is, I will probably just take it out of the cabinet because I really don't have the space for a ton of cabinets.  I'll just wait and see. 
 Of course, I told her that I want them and I will go pick them up in a few days.  I'm excited to get two more babies!  I'll take better photos of them once I get them home.
Kristie

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, Kristie. One day your collection will rival Bonnie's!! : )
I came across a nice old Kenmore in a cabinet at a thrift shop the other day. Only $20, and it seemed to work well. I just have no room for another cabinet, so it stayed put. What I really want is a featherweight. They never seem to cross my path!

Missy Shay said...

How exciting!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Let me know how you like the Morse. I got a big box of whatnot at a yard sale for $2 a couple of years ago. In the box were a whole bunch of Morse accessories and the little box they came in. I have darning feet, a ruffler, a binding foot, zipper foot, etc. If you need them, please let me know and I will send them to you!

mlcquilts said...

Enjoy your new machines. Not too long ago (husband on fishing trip) I came home with 2 Singer 401 machines. They work fine. Hopefully I can get them to where I can sew and watch tv also. Good luck with yours. I really like the look of the Morse.
Mary Carter

Yvette said...

You are going to catch Bonnie Hunter at the rate you are going. LOL! Congratulations.