Monday, February 8, 2016

What's on my design wall?

 What's on my design wall?  So if you are wondering why I have been having videos on my blog...well...it started out as a school project for one of the boys and then they really enjoyed editing and such so the videos have continued.  

Please watch this little video...
 This is a pic of my design wall before I put up the 3D Bow Ties.  The blocks below are called Grandmother's Choice.  I have all 216 of these blocks so now I just need to assemble the top. 
 This is a photo of the Yo-Yo class that I taught a week or so ago.  I mentioned that the place double booked so I had to teach the class in the entry/hallway.  It was so crowded but they didn't seem to mind.  I have another class this evening but it may end up being cancelled because we are under a winter weather advisory. 
 Anyway...back to the 3D Bow Ties...they are fun and fast little blocks. 
 I actually have a few more blocks on the wall since this photo.  Have you ever just played around with a block and then one turns into several and before you know it you are working on a quilt?  LOL!  That's how this happened.  I have several more blocks cut out and ready to piece. 
 So it's 6:15am...Richard left for work about 30 minutes ago and now I need to get the boys up...one for school and the other for work.


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I've never attempted the 3D blocks. Didn't know how quilting around them (or over them) would work. They just kind of took over your design wall, didn't they? *LOL*
Love the Grandmother's Choice!

---"Love" said...

Very interesting bow ties! Your quilt will be very pretty. I love the Grandmother's Choice setting! Looks like a lot of quilters were having a good time with you. "Love"

Carline said...

miss your blog posts, i hope you are ok.

Happy Easter