Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I'm back!!! Tons of posts coming!!!

Sorry that I have been gone from blogland for so long. I received a message today stating that it had been 5months since I had posted. Lol!  Life just got busy on me and things were just crazy.

First off, mom had a heart attack!  She had to have stents and the other blockages they are trying to treat with medication.  After having the procedure done she started to decline.  So back to the hospital and they found an abdominal bleed that was cause from poking a hole while doing the heart cath.  She has had a rough time but the Lord watched over her and she is getting stronger everyday!  

My laptop is down o I am posting this from my kindle. It is slow typing. Lol!

Here is a customer quilt that I  custom made. Several months back our assistant pastor passed away.  Not only was Rick our assistant pastor but our life long neighbor and friend.  After he passed his children asked me to make a quilt with his shirts for their mom.  This is what I came up with.
A close up

This is it on her bed 

Received a very emotional call from her when her kids gave it to her.  We all shed lots of tears.  

I'll be back in a day or so with more pics and posts.
Kri

9 comments:

Gayle said...

So happy to see your post today! I look forward to catching up with you....

Moneik said...

Awesome quilt and so special for her.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I'm glad your bad but I know how life can sneak up on us. Very sweet and touching quilt you made for your friends wife who passed away, I like your design I look forward to reading more.

Katie M. said...

The quilt is lovely and such a wonderful tribute. Glad your mom is improving... May your family be blessed.

---"Love" said...

What a beautiful quilt, and a very fitting tribute to a pastor/friend. I'm sure his wife will love it! Glad to have you back in blog land. ---"Love"

Unknown said...

So glad you're back, I was a little worried about you! Sorry to hear about your mom's troubles, hope it's all good from here. The quilt you made is lovely and I'm sure a huge comfort to his family.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I'm trying to get back to blogging, too! Beautiful quilt!

snowlady said...

So glad you are back. So sorry to hear about your mom. Glad she is doing better.

snowlady said...

Forgot to say I really like the quilt you made with the cross. Very pretty.