Monday, April 14, 2014

What I've been doing...

 I haven't posted for a while but if anyone is still reading I will try to post more regularly.  :)  

My son, Andrew works with Autistic children and adults and he had one of his clients out on a shopping trip at a discount store.  He brought me home a quilt book!!!  It is an older book but has some really pretty quilts in it and one or two that I would like to make.  I can't tell you how excited that I was that he actually thought to buy me something "quilt related"  :)  I think he said he paid .49 for it and it is new.  :)  He was excited that he found it for me. 
 I quilted this crib quilt that my aunt made for a 2 yr old little girl that was in a horrible car accident and has a very long road ahead of her. 
 I also quilted this quilt for a dear friend of mine.  I owed her a quilting!  :)  She is the lady that gave me the 1906 Singer Treadle.  I think this is the 2nd quilt that she has ever made. 
 I've also been canning more stuff!  I had a bunch of apples in the freezer so I made some fried apples and canned them.  My house smelled sooooo good with with the cinnamon smell.  This is just a small portion of them. 
 I canned more chicken for casseroles and such. 
 And last but not least....4 pints of taco meat!  :)
 I will be making more chicken soup this week and a few more apples too.  
Kristie

10 comments:

Regina said...

LOL - of course we are still reading! I don't post much, either, so no worries!!! Everything looks awesome as always!

Tammy said...

Yummy quilting and cooking! How do you make fried apples? Do you use them like pie filling?

Janet O. said...

I'm always here, Kristie!
How nice of Andrew to get that book for you. They are very good for browsing and inspiration.
All of my kids worked with children and/or adults with disabilities at one time or another. It is a really good experience for them.
Wow, I can't believe all the canning you do! You are amazing. How do you squeeze that in with everything else? Oh, I remember--you don't sleep, right? : )

Michelle said...

I'm still here! Your canned goods look yummy and I bet your house smelled wonderful! That Andrew is a sweet boy, and your quilts looks wonderful! Have a great week!

Rhonda said...

Hi Kristie. I'm still reading your blog so please don't stop. Love the canning news. I haven't canned any type of meat yet. I guess I am afraid I'd mess that up. Veggies and juices are easy. Is it difficult to can meats??

Carline said...

I van't wait to make your soup recipe

Chris said...

Hi Kristie, wow, have you been a busy lady. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Vivian said...

Those Great American Quilt books, whatever volume, are full of inspiration. Such a great surprise that must have been.
Your rows of filled canning jars make me smile. I don't can as my mother used to (shame on me), but those were great days, helping her prepare the food, filling the jars just so, settling them into the water bath, etc.
I just hopped over for a visit (having a blog-hopping morning), and I'm enjoying reading about all your projects. Do NOT apologize for not posting for a while. Life comes first--blogging follows along when it fits into our busy lives.

Laura said...

So happy to hear from you again! You have been busy. Isn't it great when our big boys do something sweet?! :-)

Laura said...

So happy to hear from you again! You have been busy. Isn't it great when our big boys do something sweet?! :-)