Saturday, September 27, 2014

Turtle Quilt and a few others...

 I finally got my turtle quilt top ready to quilt.  I love it!!!  This is for my dear friend, Kay.  She is giving this as a gift for her 1st great grandson.  :)  She picked out the fabrics and I sewed it together.  A cute pattern for a little boy. 
 I love how it turned out and I will probably make another one as everyone around here is having babies.  :)
 It is a very simple pattern, just squares and half square triangles but for some reason I messed it up twice.  First it was the head that I had messed up and then tonight I realized that I had the shell messed up.  I think I need to start paying more attention.  I've just had a lot on my mind lately.  So I had to quickly pick it out and redo it. 
 I also finished this top too.  It is hard to see in the photo but it has white strips between the stacked coins and a white border.  I'll show the quilt in color after I give it as a gift.  :) 
 I have also been working on a few burp cloths for my sister.  :)
 Finished up a few more of my hexies.  I think I have a little over 90 of them right now. 
 Before I close, please remember Richard in your prayers.  He has to go for some testing soon and I'm praying that all is well.  
Kristie

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Love that turtle quilt! So fun for a little one.
Wishing everything goes well with the testing.

Janet O. said...

That turtle quilt is very cute!
Oh, Kristie, I will pray for Richard. I can't believe you now have another worry on your plate!

ruthsplace said...

The turtle and the hexis are lovely.

I'll be praying for Richard.

Regina said...

All lovely as always (you know now I want to make the turtle!) -hope the testing is fine, and that the bones are healing!