Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Playing with blocks...

 It's going on 1am and it has been a long night so far.  A friend of the family passed away tonight and it just makes it hard to go to sleep.  Crystal, the girl that had the baby shower on Sunday that I made the quilts for, it was her mother.  Crystal's first baby is due in less than 7 weeks and she was wanting so bad for her mom to see the baby.  My prayers are with Crystal as she is having this baby alone as the father is not in the picture and now she has lost her mother.  Crystal doesn't drive and she and my sister, Chantal are best friends.  Chantal took her to the hospital to see her mom before she passed away.  When Chantal called me, she and Crystal both were messes.  They are both pregnant and I just worry about them being so upset.  

So as everyone else in the house sleeps, I have been upstairs in my sewing room playing around with a few blocks.  In my last post I pieced a couple of basket blocks but wasn't pleased with them enough to make a quilt with them.  Tonight I pieced a different basket block.  I made a quilt several years ago using this pattern but much larger.  This one measures 4"
 I'm thinking that I like it but I will play around a little more with the size before making a bunch of them for a quilt.
 Then I played around with some strings and made this block.  I noticed the other day that I have a ton of strings so I can see some kind of string quilt in the near future, but I'm not sure it will be this one. 
 I used this green in the block but I'm not sure it would really show up that well in a whole quilt.  Anyway...as I said, I was just playing around. 
 I also worked a little on the turtle quilt too.  I'll post more photos of it next time.  I'm going to try to go to bed...
Kristie

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thinking and praying for you all. I love your beige brown block. Sorry to hear about Crystal's mom. Hoping all works out ok with Hunter's arm. I tried to read your blog yesterday and some new page would pop up and block me. Today it's ok. Don't know what was up with that. Have a great day!

Terry said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :0(

Janet O. said...

So sorry to hear about Crystal's mom! What a tough thing for her to go through. Hope all goes well with the pregnancy!