Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Staying busy....

 I'm in the process of making another turtle quilt.  A friend of mine asked me to make one for her so I have a third of the body done and the rest of it is cut out and ready to assemble.  I love these quilts. 
 I can't wait to find out what my sister is having so that I can get started on baby quilts for her.  :)  Chantal is now 13 weeks!  She had an appointment yesterday and all was well.  The heartbeat was 155.  Chantal's BP was fine but her pulse was 108.  Her pulse usually runs fast as she has a mild heart condition and they plan on watching her very close. 
 A few nights ago I was thinking about baskets so I got up the next morning and pieced two.  Both of these were printed off of EQ.  After making them, I do like them but I probably will not do anything further with them other than make pot holders or something of that sort. 
 I got a new machine!  Well...it was given to me by a dear friend from Church.  She is making a donation quilt for the Christian school in town and I am helping her out with it.  She wanted to give me this machine and I tried every way in the world not to accept it but she insisted.  She still had it in the box, I think she said she had used it once or twice but liked her computerized machine much better.  If my count is correct then this makes me 24 machines.  :)
 Here is the second baby quilt that I gave Crystal for her baby shower.  Crystal is my sister's best friend.  She and my sister are both pregnant.  Her baby is due December 7th and Chantal's is due April 20th.  Some sad news for Crystal, this is her first child and her mother is in the hospital right now and not doing very well at all.  Her kidneys are starting to shut down and she is very confused.  Crystal is very upset and worried about her mom right now. 
 Things have been a little crazy around here this past week.  I've been a little under the weather with some sinus/allergy stuff.  I think I am feeling a tad better this morning even though I've had less than 2 hours of sleep last night.  Richard started his new job last Monday and it is day shift and his other was night shift so this has me all out of whack.  I never deal with change very well.  It will take me a few weeks to get back on schedule again.  

Update on Hunter's arm....if you look close in the photo below you will see that it has grown back as a "slightly upward angle"  that is the doctor's exact words.  It is much more obvious in person.  He goes back in a few days to see if it needs to be broke again and reset.  He said that there is a good possibility that since he is a kid that it will straighten out with new bone growth within a year or so.  He also said that if he was an adult, it would have to be reset, no questions asked.  So I'm praying for good news when he goes back in a few days.  
Time to get Hunter up for school and then I am heading back to bed for a few hours...


Janet O. said...

Those turtles are awfully cute. : )
What a tough thing for Chantal's friend! Emotions can be so "on the surface" when you are pregnant. I can't imagine how hard this must be.
I hope Hunter's arm can be left alone!
You guys are in my prayers!

Deb A said...

Make sure to take care of you! I hope Crystal's Mom is doing better - not fun to deal with normally and never good when you are pregnant. I hope things settle into a good new routine for you soon. We've been under the weather the last week too and today I am trying to take it easy for a little bit.Never good when you cough so much your back starts hurting! Sitting on the heating pad now.