Thursday, May 25, 2017

Fabric Shopping Trip

 Back in February hubby surprised me with a fabric shopping trip.  This was just a few weeks before my birthday in March.  He took me to Guhl's in Jackson Ohio.  It's about 2 hours from here.  Here are some pics from the trip...
 Look!  Windham fat quarters for $1.25 each.  Needless to say that I loaded up on those!
 More fabric...  They have a lot that is precut into something like 2yards or so but you can have anything over 2 yards cut.  The yardage ran $3.99 yard and it was name brand fabric.
 Yep, that is me!  Hubby was snapping pics because I was a little overwhelmed.  LOL
 I spent just under $100 and this is what I brought home...These are 2 pieces of 2yd each
 Then a bunch of fat quarters...
 more...
 more...
 still more...
 more...
 This is all of the fat quarters...
 I am planning another trip in the fall.  I absolutely loved it!!!!

Today I did a little bit of handpiecing on my Kindred Hexies but not a lot.  I was babysitting my 2yr old niece so we did a lot of playing and then we took a nice long nap. :)  

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day!  I really need to go but always dread it.  At some point this coming week, I need to run to Joann's which is an hour away to pick up some fabrics for a customer quilt that I will be making.  I have to be in that area anyway so I'll just pick it all up then.  I also need to purchase some stabilizer for a t-shirt quilt.  

Mom comes home from work tomorrow and Richard has the weekend off.  Not sure what we will do this weekend.  I think at this point we are supposed to get a lot of rain.   


6 comments:

Connie said...

Looks like your trip was well worth the drive. That's a great haul for the $$ you spent! My "local" Joann store is not quite an hour from me but requires a bit of a drive so sometimes I want to go but dread having to deal with the drive, etc. Once I'm there I'm glad I went, of course. ha ha.
My 11-yr-old GD wants to learn to sew pillowcases so I've offered to drive her there sometime to choose some fun fabrics. That will make a fun trip absolutely.
xo connie

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

My goodness what a fabric stash trip! And now you have to go to Joann's? lol. Thanks for sharing such great fabric shots. mary in Az

---"Love" said...

Girl, you did make quite a haul! Now the question is, what will you do with all those pretty fabrics, and perhaps more important, when will you do it? We'll all be watching to see! ---"Love"

ruthsplace said...

Wow! That's an amazing amount of fabric for the money. I wish I lived near stores like that. Actually, considering the current size of my stash and the rate I sew, it's probably a good thing I don't! I'm no where near as productive as you.

Janet O. said...

That place does look very overwhelming. Would probably give me a migraine, but I would be willing to give it a try. : )
Nice choices, Kristi! How fun to know you get to go again later this year.

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a wonderful store with great prices! Enjoy creating new projects!