Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday's Blubbering!

My day started with Mom calling me. Her exact words were "Wake Up!! And call your sister" So here is the story on that...

As I had mentioned before my brother and sister both have heart problems. My brother is 40 and Chantal is only 23. John has had his problem and been on medication since he was about 15 or so. Chantal has only been on her medication for a little over a year. Her family doctor changed her medication and she started taking the new stuff yesterday morning. Well, I guess it just wasn't the right stuff. Her BP dropped pretty low and her heart rate went up. She looked terrible when she got home yesterday. So this morning when she got up her heart rate was 145. She ended up going to see a cardiologist today. That is why mom called me. See mom is still on the boat working and she was upset because she couldn't be with Chantal. So Hunter and I got ready and went down to the doctor with her. He did an EKG and said she had Sinus Tachycardia which has nothing to do with your sinuses like it sounds. He also ordered bloodwork and some other tests. She had the blood work done today and the other tests will be scheduled. She is my baby sister and I just worry about her, actually I worry about her and John both with their hearts. Anyway hopefully these tests will not show up anything else and he can get her on the right medication.

Speaking of my brother...he is going to be a DADDY again! His wife, Kellie is pregnant! :) If you look on my sidebar you will see the baby floating around. I thought that would be cute to add to my blog and help me keep up with how much longer she has to go. They have 2 kids right now and John has a son from a previous marriage, that is in college. Anyway, they have two little ones, Madison is 6 and Zeph is almost 2. She had an ultrasound done a few days ago and the cord was in the way so they couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl! So you know what this means...I will have to make a quilt!!! Actually, I need to make them all a new one.

As you all know I have been working on and off on the Civil War Diary Quilt and I just love it! It is so fun! I am doing it in repro fabrics. I think I only have 41 blocks out of 121 finished but it is one of my long term projects just like the Dear Jane. But I couldn't help it....I ordered The Civil War Love Letters book!
I am not going to start it right away but when I do I think I will do it in Civil War reproduction Browns and Pinks. I have a little bit of brown and pink in my other one but I think if I just do this one in those colors it will look completely different. I got an email that it was shipped out yesterday.

Now on to my "Triple Irish Chain" I had it ready to sew together, it was in two pieces as you can see in the photo and then I noticed I have one of the blocks sewn together wrong!!! :( If you look you can see it in the beige block on the lower left of the photo! That really irks me!!!! But better to catch it now then after it is quilted. I actually don't think I will fool with it until morning.

Mom will be home Friday!!! She has been working for 28 days! :( But I was thinking in that 28 days I have 4 quilt tops! to show her that I have done since she has been gone. Not sure what I will work on after I get this block changed. Maybe I will start back on my Civil War quilt or work on the handquilting on mom's quilt. I would love to have it finished by her birthday in August. But I am so slow at handquilting and I seem to get bored easy with it so it probably won't get done by then.

Kristie


8 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm sure it helped your Mom alot to know that you could be there with your sister. I'm sure once they get her medication straightened out everything will be ok.

QuiltedSimple said...

I really hope your sister does well - I'm sure once they get her meds straightened out she'll be good to go. Your quilt top is beautiful - and 4 tops in 28 days - you're moving right along,
Take care,
Kris

Gina said...

Give your sister my love and tell her to take care.
Love the quilt top now it's done.

love and hugs xxx

Three Birds Inspired said...

Sorry to hear about your sister. Thank goodness you could go along with her to the doctor since your Mom is away. I am sure that was a comfort to Chantal.

I can't believe how much you have gotten finished in the last month...especially taking the meds that make you so sleepy!

Michelle said...

You are a GREAT big sister, and you mom must feel so comforted that you are there for her when she needs you.

Don't forget to take care of you!

Moneik said...

I'm sure your mother really appreciates you going with your sister. Hope she is doing better. You've gotten so much done! I haven't gotten anything done in the last month!

Unknown said...

4 tops in 28 days, wow Kristie you are like a factory. I do hope that everything will be fine with Chantal, isn´t it your day at the doctor too?

Amelia said...

We can say for sure there are no
"boring" times at your house...if it is not one thing it is another. Hopefully Chantal can get straightened out and do okay.

Four quilts in 28 days...you are one speedy sewing person.