Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another Block

Well.....I got Hunter on the bus this morning and Richard is at school this morning too. He will not be home until around 2pm!! So here I sit at the computer in my old stretched out sweat pants and t-shirt, eating cold pizza and drinking my diet pepsi!! Not exactly a pretty sight I'm sure but I've already got in my mind this morning that I'm not going to do anything except "what I want to do" LOL! I'm not even going to clean house today!!!! I've just been too stressed the past few weeks and I just need a break! I may sew a little, not sure yet.


I did finally talk to Andrew last night!!! He called and of course, I lost it as soon as I heard his voice. He kept saying "mommy, don't cry!" I finally got a hold of myself and calmed down! He sounded very tired but said that he could not explain in words how beautiful everything was! He also told me that someone stole his camera!!! He was very upset over that because it was a new camera and he had over 1000 photos on it from the trip already! His teacher said that we could copy all of his photos and that he had a lot of Andrew in the too. So that made him feel a little better. Today his is in Florence, Italy and will be heading through the Swiss Alps and should be in Paris by morning!! He will spend a few days in Paris and head for home on Friday but it will be well after midnight before he lands back here.


Yesterday evening, I finished another Civil War block. This one is called "Smuggling Letters" only 41 pieces and not real hard to do. I really like the fabrics used in this block. Paisley fabrics are my favorite so that may be why I like this block so well....

I have a few more fabrics pulled for 3 more blocks, not sure if I will get them finished today but we will wait and see how the day goes!!!!!

Kristie

11 comments:

Lurline said...

Hi Kristie, It has been a while - I see you are still doing beautiful blocks - take the bad with the good, but what a very fortunate young man Andrew is - I love hearing about you all!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Yvette said...

This block is a beauty!

Poor Andrew! That really sucks that someone would take his camera.

Amelia said...

too bad about the camera loss...but being able to get pictures from the teacher will be a great help too.

Love the block.

Hazel said...

What a pretty block .Andrews camera may still show up ,have you ever seen these kids pack up in a hotel room they just grab a arm load of stuff and shove in there bag LOL.

QuiltedSimple said...

I love all these blocks - very, very pretty! Hopefully Andrew's camera will show up! If not, at least you can get pics from everyone else.
Kris

KyQuiltlady said...

Hope you enjoy the day, just take it easy. I like the block and the paisley also. My first rememberance of paisleys, my aunt making me a tent dress with paisley fabric and I just loved it. I hope Andrew's camera shows up but I have heard of things disappearing from motel rooms. I am so glad he got to make the trip.

Vesuviusmama said...

Ooohhh, I love that block, too! Paisley is so great - classic, but a bit whimsical at the same time. Great job!

Libby said...

ONLY 41 pieces!!! and not hard to do!! after seeing your "wee otter" I believe that you can piece ANYTHING!!
Have a great day!
Libby

Sandra Henderson said...

I LOVE all of your blocks! you are so talented! I have these books, the Civil ward diary book, but haven't started any blocks. I also have dear jane cd/book, which I haven't started. So much to do! You inspire me! :)

Karen said...

Such a beautiful block and fabric!

Unknown said...

Paisley's are beautiful! Great work.


www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com