Thursday, March 29, 2012

What is your opinion?

It has been a long couple of days, my quilting machine is down. :( It has drove me crazy and near tears. I have a customer quilt on the frame that I need to get finished and delivered and I don't like much having it done. My machine just locked up and will not move at all. Anyway, I should have a loaner/demo machine delivered today as mine is being fixed. They assured me that it was fixable. Anyway......other than that this is what has been going on here...

Here is my much needed basket of chocolate! Let's just say that after trying to mess with my machine and being stressed over it, the basket is not this full now. LOL!
As I was upstairs waiting for the repair guy to call 50 times, I wondered around in my sewing room. I did sew a couple of strips together to try out my Hugs & Kisses pattern. Of course, the fabrics will be mixed up a little better, I was just trying to see how it would look. I can't find my white fabric so I will pick that up as I go out in a few days. I really can't do more of this quilt.

I also dug through a few of my UFO's and I have so many that really don't need that much done to them. This one is a spiderweb pieced with scraps. I read the post that I did last year where I had dug it out and worked on it a little bit that I mostly used the ugliest scraps that I had for this quilt. I actually saw a few pieces in there that I wished that I had saved for my Hugs and Kisses quilt. I had 19 blocks pieced and enough paper pieces printed off for another 6 blocks. That would make a setting of 5x5. I would rather have a 5x6 setting but I'm not sure if I want to make the extra blocks or just finish that last 6 and call it DONE. Here is where I placed a few blocks up on my temporary design wall. I still have to sew on my corner pieces for each block but what color do you think I should use? This photo would show you sorta what it would look like with white corners.Here it is with cheddar corners.
Here it is with red corners. The red is not this bright, I think it is just where the light is shinning on it.
So what it your opinion on the corner pieces, white, cheddar, or red? I would like to get this one finished and marked off of my list of UFO's. I actually pieced a few more of the triangle pieces yesterday so it really wouldn't take me but a few days to finish it all.

While I was upstairs most of the day yesterday my babies were up there with me. Most of the time it is just Smokey but yesterday there were all up there. I keep calling them my three stooges. Smokey always sleeps on this quilt, he wants to be wherever that I am at all times.


And last, I snapped this quick little photo of Rev. I realized that I had not posted a photo of him on my blog. This is Andrew's little stud colt that he drove to Tennessee to pick up. He is a Tennessee Walking Horse and has a wonderful championship bloodline. His papered name is "The Revenge of JFK" He is such a sweet little thing. In a few months he will be headed off to the trainer so that he can get ready for the show ring. I'll try to get a better photo of him soon. We now have 6 horses here on the farm. I love them all.
I'm off, I have to get my day started. Richard is getting ready to leave and Hunter is in the shower getting ready for school. I need to clean my sewing room back up so that it will be ready for my loaner machine this afternoon.


Kristie

16 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Total bummer on the machine! Good luck with the new one!!

And I prefer the red. It really pops and the cheddar just sort of fades away.

Deb A said...

Hope the new machine works great for you right away so you can finish the quilting. I agree with Jill, I love the red. The cheddar is good too if you want a soothing type quilt. I think the color really adds to it.
Love the animal pictures... I have one cat that braves the kids and is usually where I am. The other... she comes out as soon as the kids go to bed at night and is immediately on my lap!

Honey Bear said...

I have to be different. I like the white. The colors and pattern seem to jump out with the white background.

The pictures of your babies is just precious. We love our fur babies too.

sara said...

I like the cheddar...
Hi Sara

Janet O. said...

I hope you get your machine fixed swiftly! Even if you have a loaner, it's not the same.
I vote the red or cheddar. My first choice would be the red, but I think the cheddar is nice, too.
Love the photo of the sleeping friends. Too cute!

Cheryl Willis said...

I love the red but probably do scrappy by cutting my triangles out of strip sets.

dortha said...

I like the red. The cheddar doesn't seem to pick up much of the colors. I hope you get your machine fixed soon.

Rhonda said...

Kristie, you are asking something very difficult to choose. OMG, if I just had to come up with a color I'd say...... cheddar 1st choice and red 2nd choice.... that was really hard!!

lil red hen said...

I know the machine mess-up must be so frustrating for you! Hope it can be fixed quickly.

I'm different too ~ I like the white; I guess it depends on where you plan to use it and what color would go best there.

Laura said...

I ooohed over the blocks on white, then saw the cheddar and thought that's even better, and when I got to the red thought "wow!" I love the richness of the red, but still think you can't go wrong with cheddar, too. This is a hard one!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Initially I was gonna say cheddar but when a lot of comments said red I took a look back and red it is. They do pop! Beautiful! And, I love Rev. So cute!

Texan said...

I think either the red or cheddar. I like them both :O)

Sharon said...

I was going to say red even before you showed it with the blocks. I love red and I love how it looks with the blocks. Too bad about the machine but hopefully you can get it fixed soon.

Lori said...

I love the red or cheddar with your string blocks. I LOVE those blocks too!! You should make a couple more;)

bernie said...

Hope your machine is fixed by now ! I love the cheddar background, but either one would work. Love the picture of the dogs all comfy cozy :) Bernie

Floss said...

I love the photo of the sleeping babies.

For the spider wed, I am not a cheddar fan but I think the cheddor looks great with these blocks.