Last night after supper the hot water heater busted! UGH! :( If it's not one thing then it's another. We have only been in the house for 8 months but the water heater was bought 13 months ago. One month over the 1yr warranty. I'll admit I was a little upset, but then began to think....it could have been worse. It could have busted while we were gone. I'm just thankful we were here and we only had a little bit of water to clean up.
Late Saturday night, I could not sleep so I went upstairs to my sewing room. It was in the mid 60's that night but a little warmer up there. I opened the window and turned the fan on and it was tolerable. Here is what is on my design wall.
* 8" light string blocks- I have 30 of them done but need 56. I'm not sure what I will use for the border or sashing or even if I will do that.
* My 12" scrappy star blocks. Just doing 2 a month...maybe more. I'm using a lot of my precut 2.5" squares on that one and some 3.5" squares.
* A 7" off center log cabin block. This was just a test block for me, I'm thinking about making my sister a quilt using these blocks. I'm still on the fence about that one.
* A bunch of flying geese. I was thinking of making a table runner out of them, but would you do that and call it done or keep making them along for a bedsize quilt? I flipped the photo to see how it might look as a quilt. I would have to use a different border fabric because those brown strips are actually the binding strips for the mini below.
I was trying to work on the tension on my machine. I had to adjust the tension the other day for a different kind of thread so now I need to adjust it back. I hate having to do that. I had this mini laying there so I just threw in on the frame since it was mine and I really didn't care if the bobbin was a little off until I could adjust it. As you can see the mini is small so it really didn't take but just a few minutes. In the end, I got the tension issues figured out and my mini quilted.
Here is the back of it. Lots of texture and a few bad stitches. LOL!
I sewed the binding on it and now I just have to do the handwork. It will probably take me less than 30 minutes and it will be done.
Today....no sewing really. I did start the embroidery work on my "Over the hills and through the woods" I am sooooo out of practice of embroidery. At first my stitches were not even and a little crooked but they look better as I go along. I'll try to post a photo of that next time.
I finally got all of the books mailed out. Shewwww....it is hard when you are down to one vehicle and Richard is not home until the edge of dark. The post office and everything is closed by the time I have the truck. I sent the books by my sister to mail so they should be arriving shortly.
I think I will take my embroidery outside and sit on my front porch and enjoy this beautiful day that the Lord has given us...