Monday, July 7, 2014

The small blocks are finished...

 The piecing is finally finished!  Well that piecing of the small bow tie blocks, that is.  I now have a total of 1080 of these little 3" (finished) bow ties finished. 
 I sat down this morning and pinned together the remaining bow ties to be pieced into 9 patch blocks as that makes it easier to assemble the top that way. 
 I have them all pinned and in this basket ready to be pieced...
 The quilt will have a total of 120, 9 patch bow tie blocks in it.  I have a few of them already pieced but I have 72 more pinned and ready to sew...
 As you can see here I already have some of the blocks sewn together.  Sewing 72 more of them will take me a while but I can't wait to see it finished. 
 My stack of 48 blocks...
 I love this time of year when the flowers are in bloom.  I really need to thin these out a little bit as I crammed them in this space just to get them planted a few years ago. 
 I have a long day ahead, I have a lot of stuff outside to do and then this evening after supper, I plan on working on my bow ties!!!
Kristie

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I admire your persistence.
This quilt is going to be admired for decades to come!

Janet O. said...

Wonderful, Kristie. Congrats on this milestone!