Monday, March 9, 2015

6,480 PIECES!

 Yep!  I finished the quilt top!!!  It has 6,480 pieces in it!
 Details...3" blocks, 1080 blocks, 6,480 pieces, and it measures 90/108.
 I looked back and I guess I started it September 2013.  I didn't work on it constantly because sometimes I just got sick of it.  I'm really happy with how it turned and even though it feels good to have it finished, I am a little sad that it is done.  I loved the little blocks...most of the time. 
 I didn't have a place in the house to spread it out for a photo so I took it outside and tried to find the driest part of the yard that I could find.  :)  It got up to 60 degrees here yesterday so most of the snow in my yard melted.  There are areas where I still have snow
 It's funny as a few days ago we had below zero temps and 12" of snow, yesterday it was sunny and 60!  Hunter actually has school today but on a 2-hour delay.  It is still early morning and I'm thinking that they may end up canceling it anyway.  The bus can't get up our road because it is still snow and ice covered.  We are up on this big hill but most areas in the rest of the county are having major flooding and mudslides.  So many kids will not even be able to get to school.  Here is one of the roads about 8 miles from the house. 
 This was another road a few days ago.  Do you see the stop sign? 
I am soooo ready for SPRING!

9 comments:

julieQ said...

Your quilt is really wonderful! Come on spring!

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Love the quilt top, and I am enjoying your blog too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it will take awhile for the roads to clear out from the way they look - I do feel for you all!! I love that quilt - such a great way to use up scraps even if it does take awhile to get it done it is so worth it in the end. How are you going to quilt it?

Gayle said...

Wow Kristie - SO impressed with your bowtie quilt and your preserverence in getting it done - it's a real heirloom piece, for sure! 1&1/2 years doesn't really seem long since you've made so many other things also!

Kat said...

Amazing quilt! Soo many little blocks!

bernie said...

It turned out beautiful, worth every bit of time you put into it. Bernie

LA Paylor said...

It's just wonderful! I love color and scrap quilts. Bet it's heavy with all those seams! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Janet O. said...

What an amazing scrappy delight! I am very impressed, Kristie.
Wow, the roads are really suffering there--can't believe that stop sign!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Love your bow ties. Your weather looks worse than ours. Stay safe!