Monday, April 27, 2015

The cutting is done!

 I finished cutting the other half of my Jacob's Ladder quilt.  I also sewed some of the pieces together.  Hopefully I can get these blocks done sometime this week. 
 I am planning on doing 3 big blocks across and 4 down then add a border.
 I also managed to sew 5 more of my hexie units. 
 I counted them and I have 176 units finished.  Not sure how many that I will need but I expect it will be several more.  I will lay them out on my bed to see. 
 I also managed to sew 2 more of my Orange Peel blocks.  I need to press them and trim them to size. 
 I'm not sure how many of these that I have finished but not near enough.  LOL!  I have a few more of them prepped so I will sew those up before I prep more.  Love working on these little things. 

6 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I just love your Jacobs Ladder. There's nothing like a 2-color quilt, I think, and yours is a spectacular example. Did you use navy for the darks?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the Jacobs Ladder!

sara said...

Beautiful your Jacobs Ladder!!

Janet O. said...

You are so good at patiently sticking with these long term projects, and then you whip out a quick quilt here and there like the wonderful Jacob's Ladder. You are amazing!

Deb A said...

Great projects.

Ranch Wife said...

That Jacob's Ladder is wonderful! I've never made one, but it is on my list. I've been debating about colors, but I sure do like the look of your navys! The Orange Peel is also on my list - I think it would make a good hand stitching project. Your blocks are lovely.